The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Looking for advice before I start my journey

yan

affiliate
I am starting this conversation in hopes that someone will respond. I have been researching for awhile now and just wanted to ask what should a beginner do. I have thought about using paid traffic but have been hesitant. I have read about direct cpv but im not convinced they are reliable.

My question is how can a beginner like me get started. I don't have much money to begin with.
Any advice would be great.

Just to note I spend up to 10 hours a day researching and watching tutorial videos. I believe this is why im stuck. Information overload. I seriously think about it 24/7.

I am new to. This is what I am currently doing.

I am reading about the basics over and over again. The goal is to commit to memory the proper way to do research. I also try things to see what works. If it does not work, I try to figure out why.

I look at what sells on amazon.com, ebay, clickbank and so on. I look on cpa networks what sells by looking at the EPC and what kind of offers are always available.

I select a market, then I select a niche in that market. There has to be products and services in marketplaces and cpa offers in cpa network about that niche.

I make a website in the selected niche. I then add content to the website and also add a comment section. While I do that, I learn about writing and how to sell without selling. I learn about what people want and what I can give to them. I learn about what they want (information or products related to that niche).

Once that is done, I will do the promotion. I will start with free method to see how people react to the content and to see if I can make sales. Then I will go toward more targeted traffic using again free method while split testing my offers, my landing pages and my content pages.

The content is there to promote or talk about stuff from amazon and cpa offers as well.

When I see I have a few sales that works well. I will look at the amount of visitors, their comments and how many conversion. Then I will try to figure out what kind of money I could earn with paid traffic with this information and try to plan a budget for that.

Then I will start doing landing pages for the offers that looks promising and use what little money I have to test traffic.

At this point because free traffic do convert a bit for those offers, I will know at least that I should have people that I will get some conversion when I use paid traffic. It will be a matter to find the right paid traffic and continue the split testing to find the info I need for landing pages and content page optimization.

Once I see I am earning enough money to scale up, I scale up.

You are new. Start slow. Start cheap. Learn and master the basics. Starts with free. If you can earn some money with free methods, you will become good at the basics without going bankrupt. Then you try to become good with paid traffic.

Do not waste your money before you get conversion with free method. I did that before and it is not worth it.

Find your vertical, learn and become good at the basic stuff like writing contents, making pages that sells. Then you move to what cost money.

I followed people of experience and I lost to much money to even care what these people of experience have to say about their paid method. If I cannot get a guarantee from anyone that it will work, I do not spend money.

I start slow and I start cheap.

If I become homeless because I keep spending money on paid advertising and I have no profit, nobody is going to be there to help me out and certainly not the experts at internet marketing and all those cpa and advertising networks.

Play it safe first. This is uncharted water for us newbies. If you spend money before you are good at making content or landing pages, you may waste your time and your finance.

This is just my two cents.

Besides watching video tutorials, what activities do you focus on weekly to establish your online business?

I am starting this conversation in hopes that someone will respond. I have been researching for awhile now and just wanted to ask what should a beginner do. I have thought about using paid traffic but have been hesitant. I have read about direct cpv but im not convinced they are reliable.

My question is how can a beginner like me get started. I don't have much money to begin with.
Any advice would be great.

Just to note I spend up to 10 hours a day researching and watching tutorial videos. I believe this is why im stuck. Information overload. I seriously think about it 24/7.

I think you are stuck because you are not taking action. You have only one post since April 1st and this is absolutely an example of not taking action.

Get busy in the forum, ask lots of questions, and the community will respond with an abundance of assistance!

I think you are stuck because you are not taking action. You have only one post since April 1st and this is absolutely an example of not taking action.

Get busy in the forum, ask lots of questions, and the community will respond with an abundance of assistance!

I have visited so many sites I don't even know where I should spend my time. I just realized I had messages on here.

I just ran some campaigns on bing ads that direct linked click bank. I spent around 70$ on bing with zero conversions.

I also ran 7search campaigns that were email submits. I received over 500 clicks and 1 conversion. I spent 50$ and made $1.60.

It seems I cannot afford cpa. Do you suggest I try ppv with a small budget targeting urls?

I was considering media traffic or addon network.

Besides watching video tutorials, what activities do you focus on weekly to establish your online business?

Well I am trying to learn affiliate marketing. I would like to know the best way to promote peerfly offers or click bank offers. I was denied by maxbounty. I did not provide a solid plan in their eyes.

If you have any recommendations on paid traffic vs slow traffic I would like to know.

I don't really have a business. I am basically trying to become very good at one method of making affiliate commissions.

I am reading about the basics over and over again. The goal is to commit to memory the proper way to do research. I also try things to see what works. If it does not work, I try to figure out why.

I look at what sells on amazon.com, ebay, clickbank and so on. I look on cpa networks what sells by looking at the EPC and what kind of offers are always available.

I select a market, then I select a niche in that market. There has to be products and services in marketplaces and cpa offers in cpa network about that niche.

I make a website in the selected niche. I then add content to the website and also add a comment section. While I do that, I learn about writing and how to sell without selling. I learn about what people want and what I can give to them. I learn about what they want (information or products related to that niche).

Once that is done, I will do the promotion. I will start with free method to see how people react to the content and to see if I can make sales. Then I will go toward more targeted traffic using again free method while split testing my offers, my landing pages and my content pages.

The content is there to promote or talk about stuff from amazon and cpa offers as well.

When I see I have a few sales that works well. I will look at the amount of visitors, their comments and how many conversion. Then I will try to figure out what kind of money I could earn with paid traffic with this information and try to plan a budget for that.

Then I will start doing landing pages for the offers that looks promising and use what little money I have to test traffic.

At this point because free traffic do convert a bit for those offers, I will know at least that I should have people that I will get some conversion when I use paid traffic. It will be a matter to find the right paid traffic and continue the split testing to find the info I need for landing pages and content page optimization.

You are new. Start slow. Start cheap. Learn and master the basics. Starts with free. If you can earn some money with free methods, you will become good at the basics without going bankrupt. Then you try to become good with paid traffic.

Do not waste your money before you get conversion with free method. I did that before and it is not worth it.

Find your vertical, learn and become good at the basic stuff like writing contents, making pages that sells. Then you move to what cost money.

I followed people of experience and I lost to much money to even care what these people of experience have to say about their paid method. If I cannot get a guarantee from anyone that it will work, I do not spend money.

If I become homeless because I keep spending money on paid advertising and I have no profit, nobody is going to be there to help me out and certainly not the experts at internet marketing and all those cpa and advertising networks.

Play it safe first. This is uncharted water for us newbies. If you spend money before you are good at making content or landing pages, you may waste your time and your finance.

I appreciate the amount of information you have shared. I too have lost money but I am still determined. I do not wish to spend 40 hours a week benefiting a company at my expense. My life is worth more than a minimum wage job and I refuse to spend so much time of my life working at a dead end job.

What free methods do you use for cpa offers? What paid traffic sources do you use that work?

I have tried to write content on my own websites but I made the mistake of picking topics I don't care about.

I have visited so many sites I don't even know where I should spend my time. I just realized I had messages on here.

You are stuck in a mode of searching for the "magic bullet" and it does not exist. You need to select a community and stick with it.

I just ran some campaigns on bing ads that direct linked click bank. I spent around 70$ on bing with zero conversions.
I also ran 7search campaigns that were email submits. I received over 500 clicks and 1 conversion. I spent 50$ and made $1.60.

What traker are you using? Have you studied the data to learn where you traffic is coming from with those two traffic sources? This busiess is all about collecting data and using it to zero in on what works and what doesn't.

It seems I cannot afford cpa. Do you suggest I try ppv with a small budget targeting urls? I was considering media traffic or addon network.

You are giving up too easily. You are trying to find the big win without learning the game. It is rare in any marketing medium to be profitable with your first campaigns as a Newbie. You need to stick to one tracker, one vertical, and one traffic source until you master them before adding more sources and tools to your business.

If you keep switching around before you learn the business, you will never succeed. You cannot expect to learn anything until you work through the challenges you face.

You need to read this thread from start to finish: As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

The following is the cure to your affliction:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

You have the attitude that if you don't succeed with your first efforts, then you should give up and go on to something different. In my experience, this doesn't demonstrate a very committed posture for the development of your business. This world of marketing is an aggressive and fast moving industry and doesn't respond well to those that give up easily. If you are serious, if you really want to make an entrepreneurial career of this, then get your butt in gear and take charge of your future with this industry. You can do it, just be committed and take serious action. When someone truly wants something, they won't let anything get in the way of it coming to be a reality!

You are stuck in a mode of searching for the "magic bullet" and it does not exist. You need to select a community and stick with it.

What traker are you using? Have you studied the data to learn where you traffic is coming from with those two traffic sources? This busiess is all about collecting data and using it to zero in on what works and what doesn't.

You are giving up too easily. You are trying to find the big win without learning the game. It is rare in any marketing medium to be profitable with your first campaigns as a Newbie. You need to stick to one tracker, one vertical, and one traffic source until you master them before adding more sources and tools to your business.

If you keep switching around before you learn the business, you will never succeed. You cannot expect to learn anything until you work through the challenges you face.

You need to read this thread from start to finish: As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

The following is the cure to your affliction:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

You have the attitude that if you don't succeed with your first efforts, then you should give up and go on to something different. In my experience, this doesn't demonstrate a very committed posture for the development of your business. This world of marketing is an aggressive and fast moving industry and doesn't respond well to those that give up easily. If you are serious, if you really want to make an entrepreneurial career of this, then get your butt in gear and take charge of your future with this industry. You can do it, just be committed and take serious action. When someone truly wants something, they won't let anything get in the way of it coming to be a reality!

Thank you for the detailed advice.

So far I have read 3 Reasons You Need a Virtual Private Server for Your Affiliate Marketing Site | PPC.org
and I am wondering how could I benefit from vps? How would I apply it to ppv campaigns.

The tracker I used is bevomedia.com and I am kind of confused by it. I do not know how to check where my traffic came from. I do not know how to evaluate the data from my campaigns.

I am trying to select a reliable traffic source but I don't know which source of traffic is affordable to me. I lost money very quickly with cpa and I don't have a budget for cpa right now.

What is your opinion on ppv campaigns? I was thinking of media traffic.

I don't think im ready for cpa right now due to the cost and my lack of experience gathering data.

Right now im going to learn how to properly use bevo media to evaluate future campaigns.

PPV is usally expensive to start with, networks accept min deposits of 1000$.
I recommend you to learn a lot, pick a few offers and build LP for them, those LPs will most likely help you to be accepted to new affiliate networks.
ClickBank offers are shit, stay away from them, you need real offers from real networks, and the real networks want to make sure you know what youre doing by checking your LPs out.
Also I suggest you to go with mobile, cause its mostly cheap to start with, and there are big mobile experts on the Fix.
I'm no mobile expert, but I will defenetly get to that soon.

Here is what you should do. Stop reading. You know everything you need to know already. And nothing is going to work as they say it would.

Take action. You will learn more about AM by doing it than reading all the books in the world. Its just like swimming.

And you need to save up money. If you do not have at least 1500$ with you as a bare minimum just to spend on traffic (i.e. hosting extra), then find a way to save that money.

Then follow @tjtutor 's step by step advice. Get into one affiliate network, email them, call them, do what you have to do to get in. Eventually they will have to take you in.

Decide if you are going on the web or mobile. Then pick a traffic source (do not pick the cheapest, the cheapest will have more competition and you will end up spending higher for traffic). Ask your affiliate manager for suggestions. Then ask on the forum for suggestions. Then stick to it. Be ready to loose that 1500$ without making a single buck back.

Good luck!

TJtutor provides a detailed tuts and should get you going. And like you said a solid plan is needed which will be a kickstart.

banners
Back