The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

I need AdWords help

usndsd

affiliate
I'm new at affiliate marketing and I have just launched my first campaign on adwords. I'm doing a content campaign and I don't have any impressions or clicks. I have set up my own domain and have it forwarded and masked so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any Ideas

Hi usndsd,

I don't think Google allows masked, forwarded domains. Double check but I think that's a problem.

When you say no impressions or clicks - How long has campaign been running? How popular are the keywords? How much competition? Are your bids too low? Check to see what your quality score is.
Is it low???
Google will tell you why it is.

See Google wants to see that the page you are sending traffic to is relevant and GOOD by their standards and they have many things they look at. If your page re-directs or is masked they can't give you a good quality score. If your page re-directs they think it's dodgy.

For instance an adult site could advertise for green widgets, send traffic to buygreenwidgets.com but have it re-direct to an adult site because they are pulling a fast one.

Google also doesn't like affiliate landing pages who's only purpose is to send a visitor to some other site. So to get a high quality score sometimes takes building out a mini site with privacy policy, contact us and the whole nine yards. Also helps if you have inbound links. The more you can do to make it look and act like a full site that just happens to have an affiliate landing page, the better.

Actually, you can use a forwarded domain, but only if it's masked. So, you should be good.

Make sure that your display url is exactly the same as your destination url, except the tracking.

One thing about content campaigns, is that they take a few days to get started. Sometimes up to a week. So just give it some time and you'll see some results.

MI
Back