The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Challenge: Get to $50 Per day by August 31st with mobile CPI offers

Ibrahim Rehman

affiliate
Hi Guys,

So far I have had an awesome experience at this forum, there is plenty of useful information on here and the members are super helpful. Now that we have that out of the way lets talk about my journey.

I have been dabbling with the idea of IM for a few years now, but unfortunately never took action. Therefore, I am still in the same place (well at least I was until a few weeks ago!). Nonetheless, things have changed now and I have decided to take action. My goal is to achieve $50/Day in revenue by the end of August 31st 2015. I have allocated a budget of $1134.75 for my business. So far I have completed the following:

1) Account Setup:
Voluum
Go2mobi
AvazuApx
Adworkmedia
Google Apps
2) Business Website and email Setup
3) Money Invested in Learning -- Dojo, Mobile Immersion.

Money left in the kitty after spendings : $861.74
--------------------

I have spent a few weeks researching and learning about Affiliate Marketing and I think it is time to get my hands wet. I am planning to start my first campaign within the next 8 days i.e. before 29th June. I will post in this thread on at least a weekly basis if not more. Here are the steps I have to take within the coming week:

1) Select A Vertical (I will stick to this vertical for the entirety of the challenge)
2) Select Offers to promote (I will test 2 to 3 offers in the same vertical to see what works)
3) Create visuals (landing pages, banners)
4) Setup tracking
5) Buy Traffic
6) Test offers and gather data
7) Optimise
8) Scale (If everything goes well :)
9) Repeat
--------------------

Lastly, I have one more thing to request from this great community, a mentor. Knowing myself I feel it would be extremely valuable if someone can hold me accountable for my actions, and can give proper advice when needed.

Oh yeah... Any support will be greatly appreciated

Best,
I

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the late reply @martini but here it goes. Over the past week or so I finally pulled up my pants and launched my first campaign. What I had to do in order to get the campaign up and running:
1) Brainstorm some angles, I check out Charles Ngo's article on angle generation, and also followed the advice @internalsoul gave about putting yourself in the shoes of the end user. I came up with 5 angles.
2) I was a very daunted by the thought of actually designing my banners, and here I believe I made a mistake. I felt uneasy about starting to learn photoshop, and later finally decided to have my banners made by someone else. It cost me about $2 per banner and I was satisfied with all 5 of them. If I had delegated the work from the beginning, it would have saved me a heck of a lot of time. Only 4 of the banners were accepted.
3) I then proceeded to understand voluum. I set up my affiliate network. Then my traffic source, after which I added my app install offer, and a additional pass through offer and added a restriction, so if you were not from my targeted geo you would never hit my affiliate link, and would be passed through to a different url directly to the google play store.
4) Finally, it was time to set up a campaign on my traffic source. I setup a rather basic display campaign and set up a $20 daily budget for testing.

Now then you'd be wondering how it turned out. Below are the stats for all 4 banners:

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 4.43.12 PM.png

I think there is a problem, and I need your advice. The issue I face is that I am not 100% certain that the offer conversions are being recorded. This is maybe because of a number of reasons, but I think there can be mainly two:

1) My first suspect is the tracking url. This is because previously whenever I try to load it for a test conversion it would instigate a download for another privacy lock app rather than directing me to its real destination, the google play store. Then suddenly the advertiser, instead of giving me a campaign wide tracking URL, gave about 7 different URLs for each country the offer targeted. I used that URL to setup my campaign tracking, and using a VPN on my android phone tested it out, and the affiliate link did what it was supposed to do, and opened up the install page for the offer I was promoting on the play store. I triggered a test conversion and it converted. Then the affiliate network reverted back to a capaign wide url instead of giving a tracking url for each geo. However I still used the same url. This is becus ethe new url did not work and instead of sending my traffic to the offer page on google play stores just starts a random download.

2) Another thing that worries me is the tracking setup. Voluum is recording the traffic coming from the traffic source, but it did not record the test conversion I ran for some reason. And niether did my traffic source record any conversions.

The next step for me is to figure out what is wrong, and why a I not getting the conversions, fix it. Then I will proceed to cut down on expensive placements.I am direct linking the offer no lander yet.

One more thing I would like to add is that though I have been sent 363 clicks, but my ad network has registered 353, which means a click loss of about 2.75%. Is that normal?

Oh yeah any advice in reagrds to helping me understand the conversions will be highly appreciated.

Yours Thankfully,
I

Glad to see someone taking action. Check out everything, where its going wrong. Yeah stats doesn't match with 100% accuracy due to several reasons and one of them being multiple clicks from same users. If the offer isn't converting at all, then switch to a different offer which is converting well on your network.

I,

Good for you, taking action. I am a newbie to IM, but have 30 years studying personal development. The effort to get started is small compared to the effort to keep going. This is in both the physical and mental areas of life (effort/work to develop inertia as compared to the effort/work to maintain momentum). I will be following your journey! Good luck to you.

Hi,

Long time I have not updated this, well to be honest I have not gotten any ROI that is above 10% but I have seen some promise in campaigns. Right now am trying to do a campaign in India, I have come up with angles. I will keep you guys posted with what happens with this one.
Right now I am trying to improve my ability to create angles and write copy. I am going through 2 books and implementing them. The books being:
Ca$hvertising
Brainscripts
Both are by Drew Eric Whitman

10% looks like a good start. You need to try a few totally different angles and you'll hit much better ROI for sure. With experience you'll get more angle ideas much easier. Unfortunately, I haven't read any of the books, but more information about this subject won't do any harm.

Thanks for the info, I have run 4 or so campaigns till now. I started a new one just yesterday, but the ROI is rather low, I will test it this week and see how it goes. I have a question for you guys, when do we throw in the towel and scrap a campaign. Like how many days till you do not get a positive ROI, or til what amount of money you have spent.

Here is the picture of the campaign I started yesterday:

Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 3.52.58 PM.png

Not the best ROI quite clearly, but this is the first day. I will start tweaking some stuff and lets see where this goes.

Thanks for the info, I have run 4 or so campaigns till now. I started a new one just yesterday, but the ROI is rather low, I will test it this week and see how it goes. I have a question for you guys, when do we throw in the towel and scrap a campaign. Like how many days till you do not get a positive ROI, or til what amount of money you have spent.

View attachment 5041

Not the best ROI quite clearly, but this is the first day. I will start tweaking some stuff and lets see where this goes.

OK, I'm still new, but I don't understand how you have a conversion with no click. Can someone more knowledgeable explain this to me? Thanks in advance for the clarity.

As always,
Here's to your success!

View attachment 5041

It depends on the offer value and how do you "feel" it. It's not about days, it's about how much $ you spent more than offer value and you didn't get any sign that the campaign might work. If you see gradual improvements on every optimization cycle, even though you spend more, it's possible to make the campaign profitable. So there's is no fixed rule you go about it. There are a few like 5x payout, but that's to see if the offer is worth it, not when to stop the campaign.

View attachment 5041

Can u tell me what is the network is this?

Hey guys quick question, so I started testing a new mobile campaign on zero park and couple of my ads are getting a -60 % ROI, but I want to start optimizing it now. How do I start optimizing on Zero park, because, from my understanding, all that I can optimize are targets, as there is no option for optimizing carriers or os versions. So my question to reiterate is, What sort of metrics can I optimze on zeropark and which ones do I start with.

banners
Back