The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Blog or website?

To some degree the niche could dictate which is better, but in general I'm partial to blogs for beginner affiliate sites. Wordpress is easy to use once it's set up properly and search engines tend to like and index blogs well if they are frequently updated and well optimised.

If you want to read lots of other affiliate's feedback on this issue, here's a good thread.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...st-affiliate-website-where-get-how-build.html

The BEST way to go is with Wordpress on your own domain with your own hosting.

If you go with Squidoo, Blogger, Hubpages or one of the other free blog hosting platforms you don't own the site, you are driving all your traffic to someone else's site, when you could be building up your own site for long term success.

Plus they can change the rules and not allow affiliate links or remove your blog and all your hard work for what they PERCEIVE as a violation of their rules even if it wasn't. Lots of Squidoo lenses recently got shut down that THOUGHT they were playing by the rules.

Once you find your niche, is it better to start with a blog or have a website to advertise your product?

I would say website if your niche makes you little bit of money because i personally wont go for website if i didnt made some money. But i would like to draw a line that if i really want a converting landing page then website not blog.....

If you are fully confident that you can do it, then you should start with a blog on a top level domain but if you are not too sure of your prospects, you should start with a free blog preferrably one with blogger.com or wordpress.com as for the other option of website, I wont suggest that because you can choose to make your blog a website or blog at anytime you wish.

As a beginner, a blog is the best way to start with. Be it a free or paid domain (better) name, a blog is the best for a beginner to start with.

banners
Back