The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

1st Follow along - 1st Mobile campaign with Go2Mobi

bryan

affiliate
Hello guys & gals,

Eventually, i start my first ever follow along, with my 1st mobile campaign (was in desktop PPV). Actually this campaign had been run for 1 weeks, i will post all previous results at one shot.

Details:
Aff network: Peerfly
Offer: CPI (browser download). From AM top performance list. Only for adroid 2.2+
Payout: $0.30/download
ad network: Go2Mobi
Method: display (banner)
Daily budget: $50 (min), actually this is a bit painful for me :(
Tracker: CPVLab (Can't track cost, hence i have to present my data in excel)

Actually i had been running this offer since 13/May. Tested out highest traffic exchange in Go2Mobi - Mopub but totally failed. So i don't review much on this campaign. Simple stats as follow:

upload_2016-5-31_23-42-18.png

With the same offer, i am testing Go2Mobi 2nd highest traffic exchange - smaato now. Had been running since 24/May till now and still running. Results as follow (31/May data is live, still updating while i am writing here :)), I consider it as failure as well so far

upload_2016-5-31_23-45-30.png

After 1st day running, i start to blacklist placements. Daily budget/placement is set 3x payout ($0.90). Only 2 conversions on first day, so it is hard to blacklist placement based on CR, hence I blacklist placement if: spend 2x payout & CTR<average CTR.

Below is the stats for placement. Only captured 15 highest spender out of total 1508 placements.

upload_2016-5-31_23-52-58.png

Fast forward to 4th days (27/May), I am looking at carrier besides placements. Noticed that highest spender carrier (>200x payout) got zero conversion. Hence i had blacklist 2 carrier here. Again only captured 15 highest spender out of total 140 (i run both wifi and carrier together, as Go2Mobi has only 1 carrier traffic in malaysia, no point to split test carrier and wifi, hence i test them together).

upload_2016-5-31_23-59-3.png

From 4th day onwards, my spending <daily min ($50), hence i didn't blacklist much after that. Below is the summary of my blacklist actions.

upload_2016-6-1_0-0-55.png

So far, i didn't touch on one variance which is banner. I had tested banner since day 1, i deactivate those banner with CTR < campaign average CTR. And putting more banner. This repeat everyday until i got a daily CTR ~1%. As you can see in my overall update table (table2), daily CTR improved from 0.64% to 1.04%.

QUESTIONS come, please help to criticize on my data and actions. I willing to take all your words, no hard feeling.

** i will update daily data, please help to share your thought. If you need any specific details, i willing to share everything. :cool:

Warmest Regards.................

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-31_23-40-6.png
    upload_2016-5-31_23-40-6.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 47
im running campaigns on go2mobi choose smaato from my experience is the best and 320 50px banners size,also you need landers create them with adobe muse easily , choose antivirus and phone booster offers . i made money with those offers . good luck

I have gone through the post, it is a good thing that you choose to share what you have been going through. I do feel that you need to put a pause on all the networks and try to brainstorm the cause of you not getting the expected returns. I do believe there is something that is just not adding up. I also suggest that you start using the landers, they will boost your traffic together with the banners.

im running campaigns on go2mobi choose smaato from my experience is the best and 320 50px banners size,also you need landers create them with adobe muse easily , choose antivirus and phone booster offers . i made money with those offers . good luck

Hi Redamrg, thanks for recommendation, i am running 320x50 banner as well now, which is the highest traffic. May i know you run those offer at US? or some tier2/3 country like indonesia or even malaysia? I learn that try to avoid US/UK at start as the competition are fierce there, hardly get profitable for new comer.

I have gone through the post, it is a good thing that you choose to share what you have been going through. I do feel that you need to put a pause on all the networks and try to brainstorm the cause of you not getting the expected returns. I do believe there is something that is just not adding up. I also suggest that you start using the landers, they will boost your traffic together with the banners.

Hi Dr. Forum, besides lander, what do you think my actions of blacklisting criteria and time frame, mean should i run even longer before i start blacklist any placement even it is hit 3X or even 10x payout?

Are you serious with the -98% ROI, do you even know what are you doing?
You're wasting money!

Peerfly is not a mobile ads based network, I suggest you moved away from them, their paying are not as satisfy as other network like CPAGrid? CPAGrip? Grid or Grip?

Also, your CTR is really low, and you're wasting money, don't you have a target for your impressions?

Like 10k impressions, 0 conversions, kill.

And, aren't those Malaysia Telco?

Are you serious with the -98% ROI, do you even know what are you doing?
You're wasting money!

Peerfly is not a mobile ads based network, I suggest you moved away from them, their paying are not as satisfy as other network like CPAGrid? CPAGrip? Grid or Grip?

Also, your CTR is really low, and you're wasting money, don't you have a target for your impressions?

Like 10k impressions, 0 conversions, kill.

And, aren't those Malaysia Telco?

Hi game333, thanks for your strong comment. I think maybe I am really a brainless for you guys, that why I am appreciated for all the guidance here. I wonder this kind of ROI is normal for initial testing?

I am with peerfly since my desktop ppv time. Yes, I will sign up with other networks, see people are recommended ClickDealer/Yeahmobi/MundoMedia.

I am running RON with Go2Mobi, so no specific target when start, that why I am blacklisting those non performing target (placement) after got my first day data.

You mentioned 10k impression 0 conversion kill is refer to whole campaign right, should not be the target (placement) right?

Celcom, maxis, digi, u-mobile are the main telco there, all other are wifi, so I see some institute name inside as well.

Thanks again and appreciate if you could teach more here.

What you ran RON with Go2Mobi!? Are you even normal?
-98% ROI for testing for weeks is insanely wrong! You must have done something wrong all the way!

If you're a newcomer, you should take a simple road, you shouldn't pick RON traffic and you shouldn't go for untargeted source, they are leeching your money without giving you a cent of worth knowledge, except giving you bags worth of worries, and finally you will says, "ahhh affiliate marketing are all hypes".

Don't pick WiFi, Pay Per View traffic on Mobile? Do you mean redirects? Ad banner or what?

The first thing you should now do is, pick a offer that you believe that may converts, of course it based on the network you're working with.

Consult yourself with 5 different lander/banner with different angle each, which were used to convince your "visitors" to convert.

Optimize your setting like, only allow mobile carrier traffic, etc.

The 10k impressions goal is just an example.
I'm not suggesting you spending money but Traffic Blackbook is a deal, is that the name again?

He teach the root to manage a campaign to what and when to kill a campaign and this and so.
An example is that, what's your target of goal, are you pursue for Click Thru Rate, Conversion Rate or so?

Set your target, say you have 10k impressions and your goal is to have at least 5% CTR, do it.
It if doesn't work, repeat!

Of course, CTR is the critical game how you convince your visitors to click thru, so a newcomer like you should try optimize this.

Keep posting, or follow @internalsoul check how he work up on his campaign.

Man! You're benefiting the ad company you know.

Just a random video, you seems like that guy who ask a sign on the lego.
And I'm the guy who crash your dream, while others are laughing hard. :p

Keep learning.

What you ran RON with Go2Mobi!? Are you even normal?
-98% ROI for testing for weeks is insanely wrong! You must have done something wrong all the way!

If you're a newcomer, you should take a simple road, you shouldn't pick RON traffic and you shouldn't go for untargeted source, they are leeching your money without giving you a cent of worth knowledge, except giving you bags worth of worries, and finally you will says, "ahhh affiliate marketing are all hypes".

Don't pick WiFi, Pay Per View traffic on Mobile? Do you mean redirects? Ad banner or what?

The first thing you should now do is, pick a offer that you believe that may converts, of course it based on the network you're working with.

Consult yourself with 5 different lander/banner with different angle each, which were used to convince your "visitors" to convert.

Optimize your setting like, only allow mobile carrier traffic, etc.

The 10k impressions goal is just an example.
I'm not suggesting you spending money but Traffic Blackbook is a deal, is that the name again?

He teach the root to manage a campaign to what and when to kill a campaign and this and so.
An example is that, what's your target of goal, are you pursue for Click Thru Rate, Conversion Rate or so?

Set your target, say you have 10k impressions and your goal is to have at least 5% CTR, do it.
It if doesn't work, repeat!

Of course, CTR is the critical game how you convince your visitors to click thru, so a newcomer like you should try optimize this.

Keep posting, or follow @internalsoul check how he work up on his campaign.

Man! You're benefiting the ad company you know.

Just a random video, you seems like that guy who ask a sign on the lego.
And I'm the guy who crash your dream, while others are laughing hard. :p

Keep learning.

game333, thanks for your video, I will spend another 16man hours do it again, and additinal hour to glue it tight before ask for your sign again. ;-)

I am doing banner display for this camapign. May I know why don't select wifi, limit only to carrier, carrier normally convert better?

I think you r right, traffic blackbook, just did a quick search.

Hi All,

Thanks for the advises so far, i got all is asking me to pause this campaign.
Yes, i got you, i had paused the campaign and will re-start again very soon once i got the approval from network, planned to join mobile ads base aff network per @game333 and instead of banner display, i will join some ads network which provide pop up and redirect tarffic, which i heard will be easier to start there and scale those profitable one to banner display.

Anyway, even though my 1st follow along thread only last for 2 days, i will post the remaining result of yesterday and today (until i stop the campaign). You are still welcome to post here for your thought and ways to do it better.

Full campaign result as follow, yesterday is the best ROI among all.
upload_2016-6-1_23-51-50.png

There's something I don't understand with Go2mobi.
I started running a campaign few days ago, 3 banners and 2 LP's.
On the first day I went with static bid and at the time it was 0.1 cpm, ran traffic, got around 400 visits, 40 clicks and 4 conversions with no optimization at all.
The day after I got no traffic at all, so I assumed I got outbid. increased my bid price and reached even 15$ cpm and still nothing, I get maybe 40 visits a day.
What am I missing here?

Last edited:
There's something that I don't understand with Go2mobi.
I started running a campaign few days ago, 3 banners and 2 LP's.
On the first day I went with static bid and at the time it was 0.1 cpm, ran traffic, got around 400 visits, 40 clicks and 4 conversions with no optimization at all.
The day after I got no traffic at all, so I assumed I got outbid. increased my bid price and reached even 15$ cpm and still nothing, I get maybe 40 visits a day.
What am I missing here?
same happened in other Traffic Sources

MI
Back