The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Zardt! I'm on a mission to make some fast earth bucks

Zardt

affiliate
My name is Gretchen - and I'm an alien nerd girl. My spaceship needs repair and I'm going to need mega-earth bucks to get the materials and help I'll need to fix it.

I'm not really something anyone can 'look at' so the only job I can do has to involve the internet. Fortunately, I was able to get a SSN - and this internet connection. I've also got a friends limited credit to help me buy a few things.

I've started Tweeting about my attempts to raise funds through internet marketing/affiliate marketing @MadMula, and I bought a tool called Tweet Adder (which almost wiped out my friends CC) On the plus side I made my first commission check by signing up as one of their affiliates and blogging and tweeting about it.

My twitter account grew from 0 followers to around 75 in 1.5 days.

I've send out 30-40 tweets, some of which connect to a few CB hop links, but I've only had a handful of impressions and NO SALES.

Anyhow, I'm also blogging about my experiences and my results in posterrous and will move to my blog site (WP.org) once it's up and running - and I want to write a reveiw soon about the various Affiliate and Internet Marketing Forums out there, and which ones provide the most help and support to newbies both human and alien.

Thanks for your help. Any tips would be welcome as I venture into Day 3.

Zardt!:eek:

Hello, Gretchen. Welcome to 5 Star.

I think you might need to be patient for just a little longer than 3 days to grow your online business. :)

Yes Minstrel - Zardt! But of course, I'm not expecting overnight success. I'm just journaling about the process and nothing like starting at the beginning - no?

As far as rating this forum: so far High Marks for response and even higher marks for the informative stickies. I've got lots to learn and do if I'm ever going to raise the earth bucks to get my ship off the ground.

Now that I've introduced myself, I'll start posting in the newbies section.

But before I go there - if I mention my twitter name in the newbie forum - would that be 'self promotion.'

Zardt! I couldn't do much about reviewing a forum if I'm kicked out before I know what kinds of questions to ask.

Gretchen

P.S. - One more question - I notice you and many others have links to blogs and forums BELOW their post content (signature, I presume.)Could I put my Twitter link or a link to my blog in that section?

if I mention my twitter name in the newbie forum - would that be 'self promotion.'

Good question. I would thi8nk if you simply post your Twitter name without a link that would be okay, but I suggest you check with Linda first.

One more question - I notice you and many others have links to blogs and forums BELOW their post content (signature, I presume). Could I put my Twitter link or a link to my blog in that section?

The "Latest blog" feature requires a valid RSS or RSS2 feed. Usually that would be a blog (Atom feeds would need to be converted via Feedburner and that doesn't always work) but if Twitter provides a valid RSS feed I don't see why not. I've never tried, to be honest.

Hi Zardt - alien nerd girl,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

You seem like you'll be a really fun addition to our 5 Star community and we're glad to have you with us!

You can put your Twitter name with a live link in your signature, but not in the body of your posts.
If you put it in sig it will be in all new posts from here on out.

You can also add your Twitter or blog feed so it shows up like ours do. Just go into User CP and click the "edit your details" link and put the feed URL at the bottom of that page.

Thanks Linda - I'm attempting to update my signature.
if this is how the RSS link looks - URL htt : // domain . com / rss. URL how do I write it to create a title/description of the rss feed link?

Zardt! I'm not as nerdy as everyone from my home planet thinks!

Thanks Linda - I'm attempting to update my signature.
if this is how the RSS link looks - URL htt : // domain . com / rss. URL how do I write it to create a title/description of the rss feed link?

Zardt! I'm not as nerdy as everyone from my home planet thinks!

Zardt, send me the link to this site via PM and I'll see if I can find the correct format for you. If you have a blog and a twitter feed, send both.

There you go. Twitter link in your signature and most recent blog post link next to your avatar. :)

I've send out 30-40 tweets, some of which connect to a few CB hop links, but I've only had a handful of impressions and NO SALES.

Twitter probably won't be a good spot to direct sell. It's more for providing quick bits of content or updates...and engaging people directly to start conversations with them which might lead to important relationships or sales later on.

Think of it this way...

140 characters probably isn't enough to convince me to click your link when you're Tweet is on a page with quite a few other Tweets (and briefly in most cases I might add). Plus, other people who have more interesting exchanges than "buying something" will catch my attention more easily.

People as a general rule don't get up in the morning and say "I hope someone will try and sell something to me today."

I gotta say though, love the persona (alien nerd girl). :D Good stuff, keep it up...but think "theme"...what could you promote that goes with the theme?

MI
Back