The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Your Top Rated Hosts

Nymph

affiliate
Like the title of the thread suggests, rate your favorite hosts on a scale of 1-10 and give some reasons for the rating. I've been looking for new platforms recently, and maybe this will finally clear up the fog between what is good and bad in various web hosts. So far, I give Hostgator an 8.5/10 for excellent customer service, only one downtime period in approximately two years, detailed instructions in their help center, low prices, and the many CMSs that come installed "right out of the box", so to speak.

Originally I have used Hostgator but left them when the server my sites were stored on started to get regular downtimes. I never had problem with them for years but in this case I was so angry because when I asked their staff about it they blamed everything but their server for it. It was obvious that the error wasn't on my side, since my websites have been running smoothly for months. Then suddenly it took them 30 seconds to load if they loaded at all. Well, it was a shared hosting plan so maybe there was a problem with some other site on the server but I became so mad that I left them :rolleyes-45: I'm using Hostwinds ever since and I'm very satisfied with them, no downtimes whatsoever and their price range is very similar to Hostgator's. :)

That's an issue that can spark with all shared hosting plans, regardless of the platform or provider. When my websites and blogs achieve what I have set to be a maximum traffic load, I immediately switch them to their own, dedicated plans, so I have never, ever run into this issue with any webhost prior to my time with Hostgator. It is odd that they would whisk the blame away from what is obviously the main problem, but they likely do this because many others on shared hosting plans rarely run into errors and lag in loading time rather than to, say, uphold a reputation.

Hostwinds sounds like a good switch, though. Thanks for that contribution, I'll check them out with a new blog in the future.

My favorite so far has been WiredTree. I have a managed VPS with them and their service and support have been outstanding. I'm embarrassed to admit all of the mistakes that I've made, but lets just say that they are very patient and have gotten me out of several self-inflicted jams. :roflmao:

I have small account with legionbox.com and I have to say that I'm happy, because I get fast support and really fast services and have no downtime.

Heart Internet 8/10 - Good Support, Up-time however the prices aren't the cheapest around. I had a few servers with them over the years.

I've quite a lot of clients as well as myself on BlueHost VPS's as well as dedicated servers. They have been real good to me for many years.

MI
Back