The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Your Favorite email program (email client)

ArizonaJay

<b>5 Star Moderator</b>
affiliate
I am a newbie with several separate sites. I need to figure out which email service/email client will work best for me. My primary concerns (which may be incomplete because I'm sure there's a lot I haven't thought of!):

1. Able to easily access from many locations (I travel a lot, use my laptop and itouch for email).
2. Emails that I initiate and replies will have "from:" address that reads info@mysite.com for EACH different site. I thought gmail would do this, but I can't figure out exactly how.
3. Want to be able to sort and save emails easily (I'm used to yahoo and Outlook for this purpose).
4. Want to have the option of setting up an autoresponder for when I am unavailable - like the Outlook out of office assistant.
5. Opensource / Free a big preference for right now.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Gmail exclusively.

It provides everything I've ever needed to do so far....plus stuff I haven't taken advantage of yet. ;)

You can definitely use different addys with it. I think I have about 5-6 set up and send mail or reply from whichever one I want to.

Go into Settings - Accounts and Import and set them up there. You can get help by clicking "Help" if you need it. It's pretty straight forward.

Okay I've set up those accounts at gmail -- all under my-main-name@gmail.com.

1. I set up an email for info@mysite.com in my cpanel. I forwarded those my new gmail account. Gmail is receiving those perfectly. In fact I have them being delivered to separate folders using the filter/label function.

2. When I reply to those emails, the from field shows as my-main-name@gmail on behalf of info@mysite.com. Is there any way to have it just show as from: info@mysite.com?

3. Any way to set up a different signature for each account (meaning each website) for outgoing mail?

I'm trying to keep all these emails under one main gmail account so I don't have to check muliple accounts. It may not be possible. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Natively, it doesn't, but.....

I believe that if you go into Gmail's Settings again and then into Labs, you can get addons that will do exactly what you want.

Additionally, you should be able to get into your browser settings and set it so that it auto-checks your spelling. Firefox does this by going to Tools - Options - Advanced and checking the box that checks spelling as you type.

Now, no matter where you are in your browser, including Gmail, it will underline anything spelled incorrectly. Just right-click it and it will give you selections for the correct spelling.

If you're using IE, God help you! hahaha ;)

MI
Back