The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

You are on Probation After Registering

Graybeard

Should new member posts be limited to 20 words minimum and 100 words maximum until 10 posts to auto mediate the latest spammer events?

Who is going to buy advertising when their first impression is a spam site?

The spammers always work around the restrictions. Some of it is accepted on some forums. others have much tighter restrictions that we employ. It has been a battle in communities for as long as I've been in forums.

I was in a discussion just this past week in the XENFORO community about this and all of the ways the spammers are coming at us, and not just in the forums. Most of us with published Skype ID's have been slammed with an abundance of Skype spam from Asian countries mostly.

We mediate it and eliminate most of it before it hits us. With StopForumSpam integration we block 99% of it. you should see the logs. They are huge every morning.

Well, I will just jack-ass them and troll their BS then
This is bad for business and for real discussions
Irks me to wake up to nobodies telling me what to do these days ...

Well, I will just jack-ass them and troll their BS then
This is bad for business and for real discussions
Irks me to wake up to nobodies telling me what to do these days ...

So many of the tools, and emerging tools especially (eg: bots and AI), that we use as business people are also major components in the spammer tool boxes. Double edged swords. So we not only need to learn to utilize them to bulk up on efficiency and production, but we also need to learn to defend ourselves against those same tools.

posts be limited to 20 words minimum and 100 words maximum until 10 posts to auto mediate the latest spammer events?
and that is why I said this
When I was learning Perl server security routines, on my own, c.2001 a wiser man that me put forth the proposition:
ALLOW what you will accept only.
To disallow will never work out because:
we also need to learn to defend ourselves against those same tools.
You will be smackin' down moles forever. You just can not anticipate the next exploit --was his stated conclusion.

I took that advice to heart.

@allowed=(1,2,3,4);

MI
Back