The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Yost commits to JSON-LD Schema (Real SEO)

Graybeard

I have been working this out over the past 2 years -- I have seen some interesting SEO organic results --however inconsistently.
>>>
Entity graphs
Good SEO strategies must consider entities. That’s why we’ve paved the way to help you tell Google exactly what your site is about — automatically — just by using Yoast SEO 11.0. Now, we build an entity graph for you, behind the scenes.

An entity graph is a representation of a topic, which describes the entities — people, places and things, for instance — and defines their relationships via properties. Or in this case, how your site is connected to your pages, organization, authors et cetera.

What does this mean for you
The age-old problem with structured data is that adding the necessary code is tricky. Schema structured data relies on JSON-LD to get that data to search engines. Yoast SEO has added bits and pieces of structured data for ages, but Yoast SEO 11.0 raises the bar tremendously. And you don’t have to do much to make use of it. Just fill in the information we ask — simple things, like if your site is for a person or an organization — and you’re good to go! <<< Yoast SEO 11.0: Structured data awesomeness • Yoast

Interestingly, I created a few of my own 'entities' or keys:values and they seemed to have some weight.

SEO has changed post Panda/Penguin wake up and smell the coffee ;)

Im just starting to dabble in SEO and was wondering if Yoast was really worth it or not. Glad you posted this. Looks like its a keeper.

Seems popular for WordPress
I posted it more to make a point: Yost, a well known SEO product, has accepted the JSON-LD Schema as a
fait accompli (a done deed) and have reached the conclusion that Google is really using Schema and giving it weight in the 'secret' elGoog Algorithm.

Yoast has certainly been in my arsenal for many years. It has always been a big help!

Great material, as always brother!

banners
Back