The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Writing Music Reviews

King Conga

I want to write music reviews for Christian artists using (I think) LinkShare's affiliate program. If I simply use NotePad as the originating source, then Paste it to ezinearticles.com, as well as all of the other article directories, I don't still need a separate domain page, i.e. landing page do I? If so, can someone pls explain why, just so I understand the technology?

I'm just thinking that since music is my passion, not to mention, I'm EXTREMELY competent at it, and further, Christian music significantly narrows that competition. But if it were also true that I don't need a separate domain name for every review I write, then that would simplify things quite a bit. I'm also going to hunt for other AM programs for other media players, like RealAudio, and e-music. This should broaden my presence quite well, don't you think?

Thanks,
KC

You may be aware that the value of article sites like ezinearticles.com has been substantially reduced since the series of Panda updates by Google.

Frankly, what I would recommend is that you set up your own domain for your reviews. You don't need a separate domain for every review - just a domain for music reviews (or music and related products reviews). You could use a blog format like WordPress and over time this would have the potential to evolve into a significant archive of music reviews.

Totally agree with David.

One domain and put all your best content there. One of the reasons you need your main domain is, if you are doing article marketing, I believe some don't allow affiliate links. So you need to link back to your domain. PLUS if people like what they read in the article they may click to your site and end up buying other things.

BIG Thanks guys for the quick reply. I would like you to educate me a little more on what Panda does/is to article sites. So, to recap, and make sure I understand what you're telling me...I should go to NameCheap.com and get another domain called musicreviews.com, install WPress into it (THAT'S where I'm confused...really confused), then go to music blogs, like-minded forums, and lv comments there to link back to my domain, also, use socialadr.com to send traffic there. Is that what you're thinking? Sorry to be kinda slow.

KC

I want to write music reviews for Christian artists using (I think) LinkShare's affiliate program. If I simply use NotePad as the originating source, then Paste it to ezinearticles.com, as well as all of the other article directories, I don't still need a separate domain page, i.e. landing page do I? If so, can someone pls explain why, just so I understand the technology?

I'm just thinking that since music is my passion, not to mention, I'm EXTREMELY competent at it, and further, Christian music significantly narrows that competition. But if it were also true that I don't need a separate domain name for every review I write, then that would simplify things quite a bit. I'm also going to hunt for other AM programs for other media players, like RealAudio, and e-music. This should broaden my presence quite well, don't you think?

Thanks,
KC

You can't use direct affiliate links at many article sites including EZA so you would have to have your own site either free or paid to send people to.

Make sure that you can compete and the programs you select actually sell well.

Minstrel is right

Definitely think you should make your own domain it only costs about $10 depending on where you go to then get some free hosting. There is plenty of them on the internet. install wordpress and then all you need to do is write review! I also suggest you have some squidoo lenses for 2 reasons (1) it will bring traffic to your site. and (2) you will get paid by squidoo for posting content on their site. That is 2 stones with 1 bird.

Agree with the rest of the comments here. There is a lot of cheap shared hosting that also provide a free domain. Otherwise if you feel this is too technical for you then you could always try building your own squidoo lens or hub page. Hope that helps.

MI
Back