The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Wow - Twitter cracking down...

It would be great if they continue cracking down. I've gotten discouraged using Twitter as much as I used to because of all the spam. Of course, I'm in a niche where it's particularly prevalent.

I agree. I had forgotten there even was an option to autofollow but there's no way I'd enable that.

I had a lapse in judgment and had it enabled. I wish I hadn't. Now I'm trying to delete the spammers one by one. Lesson learned.

Ironically, the best strategy for any social networking site is to be a little antisocial. :D

Well its about time Twitter pulled the plug on some of the 'Great once in a life time offers' mentality. I have had one guy offer me 17 different offers 'that would change my life' in one day.
It seems to be the inevitable fate of all social network sites. Almost like a right of passage, If they can survive the spam bots then they will last, look at facebook compared to myspace now.

I also use twitter to bring more visitors to my website and I think it is really effective for some niches. (for example forums)
I have more than 1,200 followers and they are all genuine followers. I have paid many of them to follow me or I got them in contest or they follow me because of the content. I always post coupons and other useful quick information (like MegaVideo and Rapidshare happy hour). It can be very useful, but only for some niches. (I have a furniture website too but I never got decent traffic from twitter)

banners
Back