The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Would you pay to get listed in DMOZ?

Even though many search engines using DMOZ listings in theirs search results it's not as important as it once was...

Especially now after Google devalued PR...

I would spend this $100 on SEO and probably get much better results in SERPs which means more traffic.

Even though many search engines using DMOZ listings in theirs search results it's not as important as it once was...

Especially now after Google devalued PR...
Don't agree with this i don't think google devalued pr they just devalued the pr of some directories and sites with paid links. Look around at some of the free directories some are doing great on pr.

Also given that many directories take their listings from dmoz i don't think you can underestimate the value of a dmoz link. Has to be good for serp traffic if nothing else.

I will take a listing for $100 ;)

I would pay to get listed in DMZO, despite all its short coming, its still highly regarded and lots of people export its contents.

I would, as DMOZ is still the largest web directory, even if the editors are doing a bad job these days.

- Meti

there are actually some very good editors at DMOZ. There two of my sites listed in DMOZ which I did not submit.

there are actually some very good editors at DMOZ. There two of my sites listed in DMOZ which I did not submit.

All depends on the integrity of a person, I've seen editors at DMOZ that actually do a great job, however these persons are dedicating their time to less-populated categories, by that I mean categories that don't receive many submissions.

However, I see many "webmaster" related categories being completly corrupted, for example, I was taking a look at some listings a few weeks ago, shows that category was full of subdomains rather than top TLD's. I personally dislike that idea, even though some subdomains were OK I still believe other web sites should have a chance.

These categories give you a feeling like the editors that are assigned to that category just hit the "Deny" button or in other words ":whogives:". I've been following DMOZ discussions for some time now, and I've seen good examples of DMOZ editors, but I've seen bad ones, unfortunately it seems these "bad" editors have invaded these webmaster forums in order to make some cash out of DMOZ by selling listings.

Regards,
Meti

I would be interested possibly!!! Tell me how!!

There are editors abusing DMOZ by offering inclusions for XXX amount of fee, you can do a google search on this and you'll be amazed on the amount of users that actually offer this service.

- Meti

Believe it or not, but some have actually been approved. I've followed such discussions over at DigitalPoint forums and some are happy with the deals.

These services are often offered by the "senior-editors" that can approve listings all over DMOZ, I don't have any experience with these orders but some editors really need to learn a lesson.

- Meti

As stated above, I've not done any business with any of the senior editors over at DMOZ, but lots of discussions dedicated to DMOZ and their editors have been started over at DP forums.

I've also seen lots of editors signing up lately especially on webmaster forums, some are there for good reasons, and some are quite suspicious.

- Meti

banners
Back