The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Would like feedback on process for POF campaigns please

SherrieB

affiliate
Hi,

I have literally only just found this amazing forum, so am new here

I've recently posted this exact same post on another Forum - didn't know then about CPA Fix. Hope you don't mind me putting it here too?

If anyone could give me their constructive comments, I'd be grateful - thanks.

----------

Hi all, I will try to be as brief as possible ....

I'm particularly interested in CPA dating offers on Plenty of Fish, so I've read a lot of stuff on CPA here, on POF and on other forums, done a lot of research, signed up for CPA courses, read a lot of books, etc., etc.

Much of the information I've gathered has been very useful - some not so much.

A number of the opinions from people who are successful in CPA on POF (well, they say they're successful in!) have been conflicting. I appreciate that people have differing opinions, but to give you examples;

- they range from the need to spend a few hundred $$ to a few thousand $$ to achieve any notable, prolonged success from CPA on POF
- their criteria for creating appealing ads differs
- their criteria for creating a successful POF campaign differs
- their process for testing differs
- some say there is no point in setting a daily testing budget of less than $15 - $20. If you do, your ad won't be seen by enough people
- there are differing opinions on how long you need to test, and when you should stop a non-performing creative/campaign

etc., etc.

I've run a few campaigns, but whilst I've had some clicks, none have converted yet. I have made some tweaks which have resulted in more clicks, but still no conversions.

So, this is the process I'm now using for my campaigns;

1. Find a niche with some well-converting offers (the more the better, as if one doesn't convert, I can change the offer without having to change my creatives)
2. Select a couple of the well-converting offers
3. Research the guidelines for the CPA network and then choose images relevant to my campaign which adhere to those guidelines
4. Decide on the wording for the Title and Description of the creative : NOTE - for the initial testing, I'm leaving out variables such as education, drinking habits, ethnicity, etc., and only focusing on gender, age groups and country
5. I am testing with 10 images, each with 2 different texts, making a total of 20 creatives in all
6. My starting bid is 0.61 cents with a testing budget of $15 per day
7. For testing purposes , I set my creatives exposure to 'evenly' as opposed to 'asap'
8. Once each creative has received 2K - 3K impressions, I am stopping any that are not achieving a CTR of 0.1%, and only continuing with those that are
10. If there are still no conversions after 50 clicks per creative, I am stopping the campaign completely and starting again

Like I said, so far, nothing has converted using the above method, so I guess:

a) I'm doing something wrong
b) I'm not giving the testing enough time
c) My creatives are not appealing
d) My offers are not appealing
e) I'm not spending enough, therefore ....
f) Not enough people are seeing my ads

I do not have an unlimited budget, but I have enough to continue testing for the time being.

I totally understand that nobody really wants to tell you the exact offers that they are having success with - or their exact methods - but I expected to have found out more than I have done bearing in mind the coaching I've spent money on. I'm not blaming anyone - I just think my expectations were too high, and I assumed that after the course, I would know all I needed to know.

Certainly, I hoped that I would be having more success with CPA on POF than I currently am!

As nothing I've read so far explains the exact steps to setting up and running a campaign (and I appreciate that people will create and test their campaigns in different ways), I would be really grateful if someone with some CPA/POF experience could take a look at my process and give me their feedback please.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sherrie

I've no experience with pof so I really can't comment on that. Whatever you do, keep it up and keep updating your progress.

Cheers!

PoF is all about testing and data. You need to make sure you are tracking and testing EVERYTHING! Read the guide in the Newbie 411 - CPAFix Presents the Newbie 411 | Affiliate Marketing book | CPA Guide

There are some great offers out there and by researching your demographics on quantcast and ad planner you can pretty much pick the target audience. Also don't forget the PoF ad planner that so many people overlook! $15 a day is very small budget but possible! Just make sure you track data and keep testing new copy, images etc!

I will be writing some guides soon but for now look here: New to POF? This is a MUST READ. Guest post by Justin Dupre! « Ads.pof.com Blog

Good luck.

banners
Back