The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Wordpress Vs Blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wordpress definitely beats blogger, because it is more customizable and may even be transformed into various types of websites. A friend of mine has recently made his own game review website with wordpress.

I used both and i prefer wordpress, it has more plugins and it just looks better, also its easier for me to make and administrate a wp blog .

I use blogger sort of like I use tumblr, google plus, wordpress.com and a raft of other self-hosted blogging platforms... but

All my 'real' sites are self-hosted wordpress.org sites. My favorite theme is thesis, and I'm a big fan of all the extra special plugins I've been finding at codecanyon - I recommend you go there and browse the paid plugins for wordpress - be sure to sort them so you can see what plugins have sold the most... several of the top sellers have become absolute MUST-HAVE plugins for every site I manage.

Blogger has such a rigid, cookie-cutter design that can only be marginally customized. I think it's fine for personal blogs, but I would never use it for a company web site.

It usually comes down to preference.

For me, I prefer Blogger. I have used both and I just like it better. Plus, I get free hosting. I can still customize it to whatever theme I want and there's rarely something I feel like I'm 'missing' by not using a self-hosted Wordpress blog instead.

Blogger is much easier to use in my opinion. I personally don't like using wordpress. When I first used it a few years ago it was to complicated and just put a spin in my mind. Blogger was easy to edit and easier to get traffic to.

Though I do agree, wordpress allows more plugins and adjustments comparing to blogger.

Wordpress- I need to host my own stuff. I need access to my databases. I need to be able to manage my own backups.

I prefer WordPress because I can host it on my own site. I'm also more familiar with it too. Blogger does have an easy platform and WordPress does have a learning curve, but WordPress has the edge for me.

Wordpress is so much better than Blogger. Blogger's only strength is that it's really easy to use if you are a beginner to the world of blogging. But as an experienced user, I can say that Wordpress makes my life a lot more easier than the times I was using Blogger. There are thousands of plugins you can use to improve your Wordpress experience which will take some significant workload off you since the plugins will be handling them.

If you are an experienced user, I don't see a reason to prefer Blogger over Wordpress in any way.

I have never used WordPress but I have used Blogger. I find Blogger a simple blog with a little bit of customization. I guess it's usable f you just need for simple information. I am interested in what people have said about WordPress and I might give that a try the next time I set up a blog.

Blogger severely lacks in flexibility and to a greater degree, functionality, while Wordpress might lack in the "networking" aspect between other Wordpress users, not that this is so much of a disadvantage. The plugins and features of Wordpress are so plentiful that you can easily turn your website into more than a blog, or something else altogether if you wanted to. I find blogger is more suited for personal blogging, and rarely anyone blogs for this purpose anymore. Unless you are planning to reach out to the network of people using Blogger, I see no value in it as it actually limits what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back