The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Wordpress.org blog

Mayvin

affiliate
I can't remember if I asked this question before but I wondered if other people have built a niche website from scratch with wordpress and if it was difficult? I'm not a techie person AT ALL and wondered if even a newbie can manage this without alot of hassles, including adding in affiliate programs ect...

I used to have a blog at wordpress.org. It was pretty easy to put adsense ads there. I ran that blog for about two years and for the last year I earned about $150 from adsense.

Wordpress is a very easy to use blogging platform and wordpress.org makes it easier to use because they handle all the hosting trouble.

I used to have a blog at wordpress.org. It was pretty easy to put adsense ads there. I ran that blog for about two years and for the last year I earned about $150 from adsense.

Wordpress is a very easy to use blogging platform and wordpress.org makes it easier to use because they handle all the hosting trouble.

That's good to know that it's easy to manage. I've been hearing people mention that it's pretty easy to run. These "guru's" keep acting like it's difficult to use and try and sell you whole ready made niche sites that are all expensive.

Wordpress is sort of famous for it's "5 minute install". Most web hosts these days have tools within their client control panels that you can use to install Wordpress automatically. It doesn't get much easier than that.

If you want to install it manually, it's not very hard either. You just need your FTP login information, a MySQL database and the path and login information for that as well. You download Wordpress from Wordpress.org. Unzip it, and upload the files to your web hosting account via FTP (use a free FTP program such as Filezilla). Then point your browser to the "wp-admin" folder within the Wordpress folder you just uploaded (yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-admin) and it will walk you through the rest of the installation steps.

MI
Back