The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Using F'book as a Substitute Blog Site

King Conga

Hey Gang,

I'm changing tact once again because instead of spending 90% of my productive time slugging it out with 10 ft-in-the-weeds SEO strategies, and other website maintenance, I want to simply use most of my time synthesizing my 50+ years of experience and passion into very informative blogs. I don't mind at all, and actually think it's kind of fun doing some preliminary SEO work, and making my articles very readable for my intended audience. I'd also enjoy posting helpful comments on pertinent forums re: my niche topic because I'm a MARKETER. No offense to super geeks. Hey, SOMEBODY has to do it, but as the old 60's song said "IT AIN'T ME BABE!"

So, I was thinking of starting my own FBook group with some of the great blogs I haven't even published yet. I'd like to incorporate Instagram into the mix as well, but I'm not that handy on there as of yet. So, if you'd be so kind, please give me your best suggestions on how to start this pursuit. Actually, I already have a FB page linked to the WP site I was building for these blogs, but like I said, I'm DONE with that route. Maybe when I start making some $$$ I'll hire a Fiverr geek to do that game.

I look fwd to your posts.

I think it may be worth trying --just because Facebook has a lot of genuine human traffic (mixed in with the bots).

Getting people may be easier that SEO dependent referrals. There is no reason why you cannot grow the blogs' SEO traffic with Social Media natural backlinks. You can also buy some network traffic to seed the Facebook page and the group page once it gets going.

Use gamification, run some giveaway contest. Make contacts in related groups --low key don't spam or abuse messages, lay a foundation first. If you are able to do this, then I think it is definitely worth giving Facebook a try as a marketing platform. It may not be the most effective platform out there, but it is certainly worth a shot.

Thanks Pal. Seriously. Very encouraging. I've actually already created my group, and posted 3 of my old blogs that I never actually published. One thing though, I couldn't use any of the pics that were in the original blogs. Everything else was exactly the same. I DO have dozens of old comments on other related FB pages, but they're from my other profile. I guess I just need to rejoin those groups?

You won't believe it, then again, maybe you will. Even though, all 3 of my blogs were TOTALLY original content, and I didn't use any pics, and my affiliate links were completely legit they took down 2 of my 3 blogs, and of course, FB being FB, they didn't bother to tell me jack about WHY, and of course, they're too good to give us any direct customer service. I finally found their business support page, but I couldn't find any decent leads there either. Any ideas?

Rejoin, renew old contacts, make new friends --do not outwardly promote (if that is frowned upon). Tactfully is the motto ;)

@Graybeard , you are absolutely true. FB have lost in that cesspool, the reason why everyone joined FB is completely lost.

Now a days for every useless post of a friend's friend they pump minimum of 2 sponsored add , 2 recommendation video or information and more feed to add ppl. To see once friends own post it takes at-least 10 to 15 ads and 5 distraction video.

So, if we all agree that FB is a pimple on the butt of social media, may I ask what the most effective method is to make them respond to our complaints? Any secret links? Any particular dept.? I have a legit approved post from my Medium blog, so I KNOW it's 100% internet safe. Yet, FB shut me down again. :mad::mad::mad:

Should have only done one blog.
Work with blog 1 and link that to the others.
Maybe, it's in the Facebook rulebook? Or, they decided on the fly? IDK. I avoid Facebook as a user --I think it is a total cesspool of humanity ;)

FB is a pimple on the butt of social media

All of the other social platforms are taking the same steps and implementing similar or same measures.

They can all be very productive when actually following their requirements and formats. Nobody likes it because they keep tightening their grip, increasing restrictive behavior towards marketers (not brands), increasing ad costs, and filtering out content.

what the most effective method is to make them respond to our complaints? Any secret links? Any particular dept.?
This has long been an issue, they simply do not respond to small players. Some years back I was assigned an FB Agent. It was around the time I reached an average of $10k monthly spend. I've had an agent since. I think the threshold these days is likely $25k or more. My agent keeps me out of hot water, he regularly shoots down ads and copy and sometimes some of my FB Pages. Things that would easily get a small player banned or restricted.

• What the topics are on your blogs?
  • Are using FB Ads to acquire the traffic?
  • Are you sending the FB traffic to an FB Page First?

Thanks TJ. They're affiliate marketing blogs with a legit link that's fully disclosed. The real pain is that even though, Medium dot com shut them down as soon as I posted them there, they released them, and even adjusted their filter within 24 hours. So, I know there's no issues with them. I'm not using any FB ads either. I'm posting JUST the link with a short description to my Medium account on my FB group first.

I'm posting JUST the link with a short description to my Medium account on my FB group first.

I recommend using FB Pages between your group and your blogs on Medium. Use an FB Page for each of the blogs as a long sales letter style introduction to your blogs and contents.

I am never fond of using the social aspect of FB for generating affiliate commissions. I prefer FB ads that lead to an FB page with exceptional content which then lead to my content sites. Content sites outperform bogs by a vast margin. More work, but far better performance.

Thanks Much TJ. I've been really discouraged of late re: finding platforms (forums) that will accept my blogs. However, could you be so kind as to send me an example link of what you're speaking of. I THINK I understand, but since even a comma in the wrong place can be disastrous, I'd rather be bullet-proof sure of what I'm done.
Thanks again,
KC

I've been really discouraged of late

This is typical. This happens to all of us. I still have these moments on new projects and I've been in this industry for over 20 years. Moments like that are defining moments. I can tell you everyone in this industry has had those moments and all of us will have more of them. The thing to do is recognize that is when most quit, just give up on their efforts. That is not the posture or action of a true entrepreneur.

Find examples of others succeeding with what you want to accomplish, make notes about what they are doing to succeed, and seek out others in communities like this that can help you refine your efforts.

I've had some real bone head failures in my lifetime as an entrepreneur and in many different industries and in all cases of struggles everyone (but a very few) recommended I quit and go get a job. I DID NOT! In this industry I failed at the T-Shirt fad in marketing some ten years ago. However, I also succeeded exceptionally well before that with CPA. So I wound down my T-Shirt stuff on TSpring, et al, and re-routed my attention to the Long Sales Letter landing page until Google didn't like them anymore and then I transformed my efforts into the content site field. Content marketing is my anchor business now and traditional CPA is my co-anchor. My content sites are all in support of luxury industry affiliate programs and my CPA business is all traditional as in promoting network offers with paid traffic.

The point I am making, the long way, is that not everyone will fit in a tidy and neat fashion into every area of affiliate marketing. Most of us go through growing pains while finding our best successes in the myriad of opportunities out there.

You may find yourself making a shift, and shifting is usually a good thing. It means you are still following the path, just making different stops along the way.

finding platforms (forums) that will accept my blogs.

Okay, this isn't congruent with my understanding. I can't picture what accepting a blog on a forum means. We are a forum, and we do not have a portal or means of accepting or not accepting a blog or blogs.

could you be so kind as to send me an example link of what you're speaking of.

Regarding?

If you mean what I recommend for your funnel, it's simple. Funnels are made up of specific steps. For you, in order to get traffic to your blogs from FB, I proposed the following example:

FB Ads > FB Page > Landing page> Blog

or

FB Ads > FB Page > Blog

I would split test these.

I understand you are using FB Groups. I am not fond of this, developing groups in FB is essentially a form of SEO except you are using the confines and regulations of a social platform rather than using the confines and regulations of search platform. I see both as tertiary traffic sources.

Additionally, as I understand it, your blogs are about affiliate marketing. Is that correct? If so, FB is hugely populated with affiliate marketing groups and many of them, the most successful groups, are provided by professionals in the field with over 20 years affiliate marketing experience. As well, many of the top 10% of them have had training programs for more than a decade. You need to be able to provide competitive credentials to compete with them.

I collaborate with many of these guys daily, weekly, monthly, and annually. I am in their spheres as a top level marketer, not as a trainer. I never had the desire to create training programs. These guys have the industry really dialed in and have huge followings. They have been building their groups since FB has had groups. I'm a pretty successful guy, but I wouldn't dream of competing with these guys when it comes to providing a training program. Most that have training programs are specifically targeting those with a very specific type of affiliate marketing. What I like about a forum, over a training program, is the forums tend to offer platforms for most all of the affiliate marketing paths. many dozens of them. It's more of a 30,000 foot view in a forum.

Devise a funnel to your medium site with some cheap RTB type traffic. My thesis is that medium.com may have more credibility than your unknown blog. Some (not that many) will follow the links from your medium articles. Spend $50 and see if it works.

Also, Facebook may overlook links from your posts to your medium site.

Thanks guys for all the thought and consideration, AND the great encouragement. T.J. maybe there was a little confusion about my actual objective. I'm using affiliate mrktg to promote musical products. I joined tons of musician/musical FB grps to post value content on, as well as post my actual blogs on. That's obviously what they don't like. I guess in a nutshell, (and pls excuse my ignorance) my 1st question is what's the difference between a FB GROUP and FB PAGE. Next, I know there are Landing Page sites (even free ones) a dime/dozen. Which do you use, or recommend, and why?
Thanks again,
KC

Facebook and Twitter are micro-blogs so this can be a funnel approach (when done right).

Leveraging traffic is never easy (these days).

what's the difference between a FB GROUP and FB PAGE.

An FB Group is a place for like minded people to congregate, and FB Page is business profile page. Many are formatted in a long sales letter format as a presell that leads to a site, lander, or conversion page.

Some time ago I stopped focusing on my site, and tried two ways.

1. Put my content on Facebook
2. Create short videos with that content on YouTube.

The second path was the best, and much better after adding Tiktok to the strategy.

Facebook never showed much visitor engagement.

Thanks Index. I'm curious. Do you think using PowerPoint with some animation would help or hurt it. I'm quite handy with it, as opposed to showing all the lists, etc using pure video. Can't handle that sophistication yet via video. Plus, it's so much easier to edit after the fact.

Back in time, many moons ago it seems, there was a gestalt in cross linking to build the internet.
Today, the silos are closed or closing. Reason: The social media sites, or forums, want you to buy an ad. Revenue is king today.

A "group" needs to be administrated, and that involves time, and time is money. What are you offering the group in compensation for your promoting and linking, anything? Give with one hand, and take with another, or quid pro quo ;)

If you mean what I recommend for your funnel, it's simple. Funnels are made up of specific steps. For you, in order to get traffic to your blogs from FB, I proposed the following example:

FB Ads > FB Page > Landing page> Blog

or

FB Ads > FB Page > Blog

I would split test these.
Post booster ads are cheap, just don't boost your posts with the Landing page> Blog
>>>boost the post above or below it ;) People do scroll :)

MI
Back