The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

With a $2000 budget, how should a new affliate approach mobile marketing campaigns?

tabo603

affiliate
I have my imobitrax tracking and VPS set up already and I have access to 4 affiliate networks although since I'm on a small budget and barely starting out I'm only working with 1.

More specifically on the approach....

-promote offers with a higher or lower payout? does it matter?
-go with ad networks or rtb networks?
-focus on international since it's cheaper or US?
-should I even consider Adwords?
-target by demographics or just start with 1 carrier and 1 os? how granular should I get?

Thanks Charles really appreciate you doing this for the affiliate marketing community. Been reading your blog since earlier this year and it's been extremely inspiring and educational. The Rise of Ngo series is priceless.

- Payout doesn't matter, it's all about how it converts and the $ it makes in the end. One campaign I did over 6 figures profit only paid $1.00 CPA. I rather have an offer that converts 40% and pays $1, than converts 5% and pays $5
- I prefer ad networks
- I think there's more opportunity in international because less competition. People are too lazy to translate ads. Asia and Latin America are hotspots.
- Yes consider adwords if you have an account. just make sure you run stuff that they approve of so you don't lose your account
- Don't target by demographics because its not accurate. Focus on carriers is the most important thing, after that you can test operating system and eliminate handsets.

I don't quite agree on that. High payout offers usually takes a bit more testing budget til you can start optimizing. For that reason I would start with offers up to $7...preferably 1-click flow offers.

banners
Back