The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Windows Update Error

richkid

affiliate
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right thread to post but I am trying to install my windows update and been getting this error code : 737d, not sure how to get rid of it. Any help?

It's a free utility. I found out about it when I was having a similar problem after a hard drive error - learned about it from one of the Microsoft MVP's in the Mucorosoft support forums. It solved the problem for me.

Google it. :)

Probably not.

Believe me, I was plagued by this problem for about 2-3 weeks. I researched the issue and tried just about everything I came across.

Dial-a-Fix was what solved it for me.

Probably not.

Believe me, I was plagued by this problem for about 2-3 weeks. I researched the issue and tried just about everything I came across.

But there is some warning message associated with that Dial-a-fix, is it safe to use that?

Yes, there is a warning. If you're not having a problem, I wouldn't recommend running it. But as it is, you are not able to get Wndows Update, so you need it.

I ran it (actually on two machines). It worked for me. And it didn't do anything other than fix what it said it was going to fix.

The problem is often a combination of a corrupted updates database on your computer combined with services that aren't properly starting when you boot. This fixes those issues.

Caution: I have only tried this with Windows XP. If you're running Vista or Windows 7, I don't know, although I suspect it would work with those as well given what it does.

I just tried it with Vista and got a pop up that it does not work with it, so just posting this for anyone that may want to try with Vista.

I'm having a problem with my laptop not shutting off. Does not matter what I do, clicking shut down, hibernate or sleep, it tries to shut down in every instance and then comes back up as if it was shut down. Even Dell is stumped. My IT guy thinks it is a hardware issue and as I've already had the motherboard replaced once, I'm wondering.

Oh, well, enough of my woes! ;) Thanks David for sharing this little program. Reading up on it, it sounds like a great tool to help folks.

Probably not.

That SP3 update, isnt it for Xp and I have vista on my laptop, so will it work?

It has nothing to do with Bill Gates. The member is trying to apply a Service Pack for Windows XP to a Windows Vista system. It isn't working because it isn't supposed to work. It wouldn't work for Linux or OSX either.

banners
Back