The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Will a review site work for you?

Graybeard

Product reviews are a dime a dozen on the internet, and it can be hard to know which ones to trust.

Many product reviews use affiliate links to products listed on an ecommerce site, so that if a shopper finds a review useful and follows the provided link to purchase a product, the creator of the review is rewarded by the seller.

8bgama-quality-reviewssites.jpg

This system can work well if the reviewer is honest and unbiased, but it can also be abused. Some reviewers may give positive reviews to products they know nothing about, just to get the affiliate commission. Others may be paid by the seller to write positive reviews.

Your referrals ware of these potential biases when reading product reviews. Create reviews that are detailed and specific, and that don't seem to be promoting a product too strongly. If a review seems too good to be true, it probably will be seen that way.

Face Palm GIF by Felix Cartal

Many potential buyers research a product before making a purchase, and take product reviews, especially suspicious affiliate review sites, with a grain of salt.

If a consumer is making a search effort to find honest, helpful reviews --what you say can convert if done in a credible way --with some real proofs offered that will make the shopping decisions work to your benefit.

Product reviews are one of the most important pieces of content on an ecommerce site. They provide shoppers with valuable information about a product before they make a purchase, and can help them learn more about a product they’re interested in.

_end_ pt 1

9 out of 10 product review sites are very well-written to maximize income. Product reviews are biased towards the best commissions.

Google did clamp down on blatant affiliate marketing review sites a while back, but even now it's hard to find honest reviews and most are pretty useless to the consumer unless you can read between the lines.

Personally, I think video reviews are much better if you can review the product without giving too much away

High quality product reviews can be difficult to come by, but they’re worth the effort. Here are a few tips for publishing high quality product reviews on your ecommerce or product review site:

1. Make sure your reviews are well-written and informative.

Your reviews should be clear, concise, and informative. They should provide shoppers with an honest assessment of the product, and should highlight both the positive and negative aspects of the product.

2. Use photos and videos to supplement your reviews.

Including photos and videos in your reviews can help shoppers get a better sense of the product. If you’re reviewing a product that you’ve used, you can include photos or videos of the product in action.

3. Use a rating system to help shoppers understand your reviews.

If you use a rating system in your reviews, be sure to explain what the ratings mean. For example, you could use a 5-star rating system, with 5 stars meaning “excellent” and 1 star meaning “poor.”

4. Be transparent about your relationships with the companies whose products you’re reviewing.

Possible touch points to invoke trust:

I’ve been reviewing products for about 5 years now, and in that time I’ve built up relationships with a number of companies. Some of these relationships are closer than others, but all of them are based on mutual respect and a shared understanding that I will always give my honest opinion about their products.

I believe that it’s important to be transparent about these relationships, because it helps my readers understand where I’m coming from. I’m not just some random person on the internet who is paid to say nice things about products; I have real, personal relationships with the companies whose products I review.

Of course, these relationships don’t always mean that I’m going to love every product that a company makes. I’ve been critical of products from companies that I have good relationships with, and I will continue to do so if I think it’s warranted.

At the end of the day, I just want my readers to know that they can trust me to give them honest, unbiased opinions about the products I review. I hope that these relationships I’ve built with companies will give my readers even more confidence in my reviews.

5. Explain what sets a product apart from its competitors.

When it comes to product differentiation, there are a few key things that can set a product apart from its competitors.

• First, a product can be differentiated by its features. This could include things like size, color, functionality, or even the materials it is made from.
  • Second, a product can be differentiated by its price. This is often the most important factor for consumers, and can be a major determinant of whether or not they purchase a product.
  • Finally, a product can be differentiated by its brand. This can be anything from the logo to the company's reputation. Brand recognition can be a powerful tool in setting a product apart from its competitors.

6. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the product, based on your own original research.

_end_pt2

That's all well written and well thought out.

Personally, I don't really on review sites for many of the reasons you outline, especially the bias's. However, reviews on the actual product sites are typically (in my experience) quite reliable, though there are still some that may be of lesser value.

Companies that produce walkthroughs of products they represent as a supplier are often helpful in seeing the full capacity and comparison of a product or products. Most of those that are effective are to be found as videos. I used these just last month to decide on a several grand in new trimmers, tillers, augers, etc. I'm converting to battery power tools and equipment where possible and affordable.

The travel and hospitality companies do quite a decent job of video walkthroughs and very often have unsolicited reviews of current customers. When I say unsolicited I mean the typical "ambush" style where a rep stops someone currently at a destination or maybe just landed on private charter are given a chance to offer up detailed opinions.

Review sites themselves do have a heavy load when it comes to content creation and maintenance as new products come out. As well, comparison grids need to be kept up to date as well as product info and updates.

The travel and hospitality companies do quite a decent job of video walkthroughs and very often have unsolicited reviews of current customers. When I say unsolicited I mean the typical "ambush" style where a rep stops someone currently at a destination or maybe just landed on private charter are given a chance to offer up detailed opinions.
Genuine customer reviews, when positive, are gold. Even when some negatives are given along with the positives that only adds to the credibility. So if you want to make a fake review believable ...

More Examples:

The product I will be discussing is the iPhone. The iPhone has many benefits, such as its sleek design, its user-friendly interface, and the fact that it is an all-in-one device (it can be used as a phone, a camera, a music player, etc.). However, there are also some drawbacks to the iPhone, such as its high price tag and its dependence on iTunes. Overall, the iPhone is a great product, but it is not perfect.

There are many products on the market that claim to have benefits for our health. Some of these products are backed by scientific research and some are not. It can be difficult to know which products to trust and which to avoid. In this essay, I will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of one particular health product: green tea.

1. Green tea is a popular beverage that has been consumed for centuries in Asia. It is made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant and is rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants are believed to provide numerous health benefits, including reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer.
  2. Green tea also contains caffeine, although in lower amounts than coffee. Caffeine can improve mental alertness and focus.
  3. There are some potential drawbacks to green tea as well. The caffeine content may cause side effects such as insomnia, anxiety, and irritability in some people (2). Green tea also contains tannins, which can cause stomach upset and constipation.

Overall, green tea is a safe and healthy beverage that can provide many health benefits. However, it is important to be aware of the potential side effects before consuming it. If you are sensitive to caffeine or have gastrointestinal issues, you may want to avoid green tea or limit your intake.

The cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) product has a lot of benefits. The first one is that users can access the software from any device with an internet connection. This means that users can work from anywhere, at any time. The second benefit is that SaaS products are usually very easy to use. This is because they are designed to be used by a wide range of people, with different levels of technical expertise. The third benefit is that SaaS products are often much cheaper than traditional software products. This is because they are subscription-based, so users only have to pay for what they use.

However, there are also some drawbacks to using SaaS products. The first one is that users are reliant on the internet connection. This means that if there is a problem with the internet connection, users will not be able to access the software. The second drawback is that SaaS products are usually less customizable than traditional software products. This is because they are designed to be used by a wide range of people, and so they cannot be tailored to the specific needs of an individual user.

You want to cover the touch points with features, values, as well as possible issues (or drawbacks) to establish credibility. Otherwise you are just more lies on the internet :)

Genuine customer reviews, when positive, are gold. Even when some negatives are given along with the positives that only adds to the credibility. So if you want to make a fake review believable ...
It's a shame too many people leave bad reviews to vent anger when they feel they've been mistreated. Good products end up with lots of bad reviews, and most are to do with customer service issues from the supplier, not an issue with the actual product.

It's a shame too many people leave bad reviews to vent anger when they feel they've been mistreated. Good products end up with lots of bad reviews, and most are to do with customer service issues from the supplier, not an issue with the actual product.

YES! ^^THIS^^^

It's always been a continuing issue.

This is a good example of reviews done right with ad content --I think
Yeah, homemade native ads of a sort. Very much known for product releases, etc., as well. Right up there with the organic competitors shown here:

View attachment 26155

They also have a strong news department (half of their content). These are content sites and all with over 9MM monthly organic searches and all with additional expenditures in Google Ads. I read some time back that their monthly SEO expenditures exceed their Google ad spend by more than double.

I read some time back that their monthly SEO expenditures exceed their Google ad spend by more than double.
You mean SEO is not free traffic :rolleyes:
I wanted to see what the real advantages of 5G are right now --So, I read some reviews on data speed.
Their review seemed honest to me ... The two I read before were conflicting.
I spent the most time on digitaltrends so if I clicked an ad it would have been their win.

9 out of 10 product review sites are very well-written to maximize income. Product reviews are biased towards the best commissions.

Google did clamp down on blatant affiliate marketing review sites a while back, but even now it's hard to find honest reviews and most are pretty useless to the consumer unless you can read between the lines.
1661290545102.png

DuckDuckGo
bottom of page 1
1661290626092.png

Google is zzzzzzzzzzzz wait 2 weeks :p

The hard part is understanding the search intent.

1661339425671.png

I suppose if you tried the product + review you could compare the relative search 'trends'.
note: I used the auto suggest for the phone brands and models​

products-trends-reveiw.jpg

Of course they work well if we know how to optimize. you should diversify the revenue source (Affiliate, booking from branding company, adsense etc)
I saw cosmetic, mom and baby, home appliance & review site earn thousand per month.

bad reviews are v imp
i dont trust 5 stars reviews
4.9 better than 5.0
anything 4.4 or 4.5 is best
100% perfect reviews is 100% bs
--> or not many reviews
Good products end up with lots of bad reviews, and most are to do with customer service issues from the supplier, not an issue with the actual product.
any proof they really used the product?
Their review seemed honest to me ... The two I read before were conflicting.
best is trial the product yourself
then make your review
maybe digital product is best
--> you can ask aff contact 4 free tryout
doesnt cost them a red cent

Well i dont trust review sites as majority of them write it in a positive way just for the sake to get the comision .I prefer youtube videos where people show insights of the product and i think its a way more smart decision to buy

MI
Back