The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why using Shiftcode is the biggest mistake you can make

After a year of using Shiftcode, I have closed down my site as well. All of the affiliate networks I use except for one conveniently had a 'hardware failure' and lost all data. The one just so happens to be the network owned by the owners of Shiftcode. Instead of giving them more money to continue harassing people and trying to eliminate the competition through nefarious means, I am ending my association with them. The best networks, the honest and helpful ones, are the ones they are pushing out, and it is frustrating.

On top of this, I have support tickets that have been open for months with no answer. Even when I ask about it they just say 'it has been escalated.' Some other ones they just close outright with a nasty or incomplete answer.

I find it appalling that the affiliate network in questions has these large words at the top of their home page: ...trust, respect, integrity and honor...

I will never use their services again.

Can't a whole bunch of you guys launch a class-action suit or something?

I'm appalled that this can happen.

Can't a whole bunch of you guys launch a class-action suit or something?

I'm appalled that this can happen.

Because it's the internet, it's really hard to do that. There aren't enough laws yet governing internet activity and behavior. If there's proven monetary fraud, that's one thing. But it's pretty much a 'lawless society' on here. That's why sometimes the only recourse we have is to spread the word when we see improper activity and things being done that shouldn't be to let people know what's going on.

Because it's the internet, it's really hard to do that. There aren't enough laws yet governing internet activity and behavior. If there's proven monetary fraud, that's one thing. But it's pretty much a 'lawless society' on here. That's why sometimes the only recourse we have is to spread the word when we see improper activity and things being done that shouldn't be to let people know what's going on.

Too bad but maybe this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, somehow.

Too bad but maybe this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, somehow.

I firmly believe in 2 things.

1. Everything happens for a reason.
2. Karma - What goes around, comes around.

What's ironic is that I'm actually making more money now that I've closed down my affiliate network from having it redirect than I did when it was open! You would think I would have more traffic when the site was up and running than when it was closed, but that's not the case. I can't figure out why I'm getting all this traffic now and I wasn't a week ago. What was going on? Guess I'll never know.

I firmly believe in 2 things.

1. Everything happens for a reason.
2. Karma - What goes around, comes around.

What's ironic is that I'm actually making more money now that I've closed down my affiliate network from having it redirect than I did when it was open! You would think I would have more traffic when the site was up and running than when it was closed, but that's not the case. I can't figure out why I'm getting all this traffic now and I wasn't a week ago. What was going on? Guess I'll never know.

Awesome! He helped you without meaning to. :)

Awesome! He helped you without meaning to. :)

Well, I actually closed the network, he didn't shut me down. He threatened to do that a year ago but ended up allowing me to renew my license. I had to close because I had no traffic and wasn't making any money. I just find it odd that I have more traffic coming to the site now than I did when it was open, while he had control of the site. It makes no sense. Who knows??!!

Well, I actually closed the network, he didn't shut me down. He threatened to do that a year ago but ended up allowing me to renew my license. I had to close because I had no traffic and wasn't making any money. I just find it odd that I have more traffic coming to the site now than I did when it was open, while he had control of the site. It makes no sense. Who knows??!!

If he hadn't been such an a**hole, you'd have stayed there. Anyway, I'm happy that you're getting more traffic now than before, regardless of the cause. :)

If he hadn't been such an a**hole, you'd have stayed there. Anyway, I'm happy that you're getting more traffic now than before, regardless of the cause. :)

Things do always seem to have a way of working out. Not necessarily the way you planned, but they work out just the same. ;)

Yes they have just reopened sales so have just started selling new sites

But they're only selling new sites to current ShiftCode customers. If you don't already have a ShiftCode account, you can't buy a site.

I've seen where some of the old performa are now afftrack?

Yes, that's the platform Tom Dietzel wrote and uses for his affiliate network, CPAWay. He's now eliminating the Performa platform and is moving the few networks that are still using Performa over to his own platform. I've used offers from CPAWay, and that platform of his, and I don't like it at all. It's not user friendly and is very difficult to navigate.

This was posted on Shiftcode's Facebook page. So I was right all along, eh???? ;) ;) ;)

We will be shutting down the Shiftcode Service as of 1/1/2015.

You will have 4 options if you wish to keep the service intact:
1) We will continue hosting it for you, simply as a hosting provider. We will provide $0 support for it. The monthly hosting cost will be $100. You will NOT have access to source code, nor will you receive any support other than rebooting your server if needed and/or resolving mysql service issues. There will be no Performa Networks integrated with in as of 1/1/2015 when that service is shut down.

2) For a one time fee of $250, we will be happy to export your "Members" list for you, this will allow you to have someone import it into another program of your choice. There are several other GPT programs out there. (CSV Format)

3) For a one time fee of $500, we will export your entire database for you into SQL format. You may do what you wish with it at that point.

4) For a one time fee of $2,500 we will install your site onto a virtual private server of your choice. You will need to buy hosting from any provider that sells VPS or Cloud Servers. We recommend Vultr.com and suggest their $15 plan for most sites. This will essentially put you in full control of your site and future updates to your sites script. We will not provide any support once installed and confirmed "operational" in the As-is status it was in on our server. If you have more than one site the cost is $2,000 per site for us to do this. This gives you full source code access and right to use it on one site per purchase.

---------------------------
All PerformaNetwork.com Networks have the option of either

1) Moving to Afftrack (Of course free of charge) and be grandfathered in at the $300 a month price. (Billing Starting Jan 1st). Please open a ticket on Shiftcode.com or email shiftcode@afftrack.com

or

2) Purchase a one time use copy of the script. (If you paid the $3k setup/license fee to the previous owner of Performa, this was just a setup/license fee. It did not provide you with legal rights to source code or the software. I will however honor that as a discount against the fee) A one time purchase can be bought for $5,000 and we will then move your service for you to the hosting provider of your choice. We recommend Vultr.com and suggest their $15 plan for most sites. This will essentially put you in full control of your site/script and future updates to your sites script. We will not provide any support once installed and confirmed "operational" in the As-is status it was in on our server. If you have more than one performa script the cost is $1,000 per performa site for us to do this. This gives you full source code access and right to use it on one site per purchase. Once moved they will no longer be integrated with Shiftcode sites who choose to exercise their options above.

----------------------

If you want to take advantage of this, then please open a support ticket. As of November 1st, we will be providing no support for the Shiftcode products other than those exercising their options above. The above options are non-negotiable. We did these options rather than just picking a date and shutting down the service without the community having options.

Yes, that's the platform Tom Dietzel wrote and uses for his affiliate network, CPAWay. He's now eliminating the Performa platform and is moving the few networks that are still using Performa over to his own platform. I've used offers from CPAWay, and that platform of his, and I don't like it at all. It's not user friendly and is very difficult to navigate.
Yeah, I also don't like the CPAWay's platform either.
Definitely, not user friendly at all.

Yeah, I also don't like the CPAWay's platform either.
Definitely, not user friendly at all.

No, it's horrible. But the writing was on the wall months ago. It's a shame Andrew sold ShiftCode and Gain, what the network platform was called at the time. Tom's sure hurting a lot of people and leaving them out in the cold. How sad. I'm just glad I got out when I did.

Hi everyone!

I haven't really cared about ShiftCode after they shut down my GPT site. You can read more here: http://www.gptoffers.com/forum?v=topic/3

Just happened to find this thread and wow... this guy is crazy. Does he really believe anyone with half a brain will even consider using Afftrack?

And $250 for a copy of your own userbase... jeez. He never offered me this though... I don't know, should I feel bad and left out? LOL

ShiftCode turned to ShitCode after Andrew was no longer in charge :(

MI
Back