The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why Isn't My Article Marketing Making Me Rich?

tltfaas

affiliate
What's gone wrong when you put forth your best efforts in submitting your top article to dozens of sites and yet the results are lackluster? You've followed all the generic advice offered by article marketing experts, including writing about a riveting topic, tweaking the catchy headline and paying good money to an editor to refine your jewel.

Despite this all your efforts seem wasted. You aren't seeing the results you expected despite your hard work. Unfortunately, there are multiple steps to maximizing the results of article marketing and a great deal of advice fails to go deep enough to give you the edge in winning the game. Many article marketers don't realize that two-thirds of the work involved should be done prior to submitting your article. Ask yourself these questions to determine if you've truly laid the groundwork for success.

How's Your Aim?

If your current clients are medium to large sized companies, you should target the same audience with your articles. You can't expect great results from an article submitted to sites targeting entrepreneurs unless you actually have something valuable to sell to entrepreneurs. It is essential that you target the right audience.

Annoying pop-ups?

First impressions are everything. Don't reference a web site in your byline unless you have your own domain with no pop-ups. Invest a few bucks for your own domain and host to help establish your credibility.

Playing cat and mouse with visitors?

You should always feature your contact information in plain view on every page. Hide your contact information and none of your marketing efforts will work very well.

Optimizing your landing page?

If the page you publicized in your byline is sub-standard, you have wasted your time. Impress your first time visitor with a professional looking and resourceful page that includes information about your company. Always include a call to action at the bottom of the page. Use testimonials from current and/or past customers at the top and bottom of the page.

A unique name for your landing page?

Your byline should always contain a landing page that has an original name. For instance, you could name a page on your site such as http://www.YourURL.com/XXX.htm The "XXX" keywords should be replaced by words in your article title. Yes, this can still be a version of your home page but you can track article readers more accurately by using a unique URL in your byline.

A human voice or voice mail hell?

It is impractical to put your phone number in your byline if you aren't willing to actually answer your phone during business hours. New customers aren't likely to leave a message if they can't reach you. They assume that if answering your own phone isn't a priority with you, then calling you isn't a priority for them.

Is it time yet?

Article marketing efforts take a minimum of three months to hit critical mass. Some e-zines are written so far in advance that it could take six months to get them to use your article. Don't submit an article and race to Google the title unless a reasonable amount of time has passed.

Betting on one article to save your business?

If you are struggling with your business and desperate to make some quick money then article marketing is not for you. Article marketing only works when you put forth a driven effort, write articles regularly and submit often. This is not a one-shot marketing technique and one article will not save your business from bankruptcy.

As you can see, there is a great deal of upfront work needed before your article submissions come into fruition. It is never too late to make a good impression. Tweak your site as much as you can and make changes to your unpublished articles. Do something every day to improve your article marketing results. You'll be humming happily instead of singing the article submission blues!

? 2008, Davis Virtual Assistance.

Very well said tltfaas. I've been writing articles now for about 4 months and am now just starting to see my results as far as sales go. But I do like the approach of a long term business and from what I've learned writing articles is a very good way to go.

Ah words of wisdom !!.,.! I love it ..,.!!. Thanks for the info, I have been struggling with article marketing as well.. ;)

Without overmystifying it, you need to consider
- your priorities
- your budget
- the amount of time you want to invest in
- your ability and skills in writing

good advice I try to write 1 article a day though it sometimes doesn't always work out like that! My advice is keep plugging away article marketing and affiliate marketing is a business. You won't get rich overnight it takes practice, a lot of hard work, and determination! Oh and an affiliate product that converts that's a biggie! Keep building up your articles pretty soon your 10 articles will turn into a 100 articles building up some great targeted traffic to your website!

put forth your best efforts in submitting your top article to dozens of sites is kinda of investing a large amount of money and to make those article websites more profitbale
,and hard to submit
can'e see the logic here

If you are playing your cards right the logic is that you want this valuable link for various purposes.

For starters this is a great way to get a site indexed quickly. The second an article is approved on Ezine articles you will see spiders follow those links right afterwards. Since Ezine is a high PR site google has a spider army sitting there practically waiting to bounce around.

The value in article marketing is that you are not investing in the other site, though I definitely will admit that you are doing this in the long run. But you are also investing in YOUR site in you get a free link back to your site.

This serves two purposes. For starters let me say that 20 articles in one niche keeps one website of mine steady with 30-70 uniques a day. Sure, its not a TON of traffic, but I can do nothing else to this site and this traffic still remains. Most of my traffic is from the directories, though I do rank very well for the product I promote due to having anchor text with the product name in a link to my landing page. This page bounces between #6 and #12 in ranking... with no further effort... for the product name...

and that is a buying keyword. No sweet talking needed, they want the product. I have to get them to use my link, but oftentimes that is simple as just being in the right place at the right time.

The secondary bonus is the web ranking. Find those keywords and use them as anchor text back to your money site.

The number one determining factor to how a site is ranked is....

backlinks. Articles are the easiest method to getting them.

The best part about an article is... you can always write another one.

What's gone wrong when you put forth your best efforts in submitting your top article to dozens of sites and yet the results are lackluster? You've followed all the generic advice offered by article marketing experts, including writing about a riveting topic, tweaking the catchy headline and paying good money to an editor to refine your jewel.

Despite this all your efforts seem wasted. You aren't seeing the results you expected despite your hard work. Unfortunately, there are multiple steps to maximizing the results of article marketing and a great deal of advice fails to go deep enough to give you the edge in winning the game. Many article marketers don't realize that two-thirds of the work involved should be done prior to submitting your article. Ask yourself these questions to determine if you've truly laid the groundwork for success.

How's Your Aim?

If your current clients are medium to large sized companies, you should target the same audience with your articles. You can't expect great results from an article submitted to sites targeting entrepreneurs unless you actually have something valuable to sell to entrepreneurs. It is essential that you target the right audience.

Annoying pop-ups?

First impressions are everything. Don't reference a web site in your byline unless you have your own domain with no pop-ups. Invest a few bucks for your own domain and host to help establish your credibility.

Playing cat and mouse with visitors?

You should always feature your contact information in plain view on every page. Hide your contact information and none of your marketing efforts will work very well.

Optimizing your landing page?

If the page you publicized in your byline is sub-standard, you have wasted your time. Impress your first time visitor with a professional looking and resourceful page that includes information about your company. Always include a call to action at the bottom of the page. Use testimonials from current and/or past customers at the top and bottom of the page.

A unique name for your landing page?

Your byline should always contain a landing page that has an original name. For instance, you could name a page on your site such as http://www.YourURL.com/XXX.htm The "XXX" keywords should be replaced by words in your article title. Yes, this can still be a version of your home page but you can track article readers more accurately by using a unique URL in your byline.

A human voice or voice mail hell?

It is impractical to put your phone number in your byline if you aren't willing to actually answer your phone during business hours. New customers aren't likely to leave a message if they can't reach you. They assume that if answering your own phone isn't a priority with you, then calling you isn't a priority for them.

Is it time yet?

Article marketing efforts take a minimum of three months to hit critical mass. Some e-zines are written so far in advance that it could take six months to get them to use your article. Don't submit an article and race to Google the title unless a reasonable amount of time has passed.

Betting on one article to save your business?

If you are struggling with your business and desperate to make some quick money then article marketing is not for you. Article marketing only works when you put forth a driven effort, write articles regularly and submit often. This is not a one-shot marketing technique and one article will not save your business from bankruptcy.

As you can see, there is a great deal of upfront work needed before your article submissions come into fruition. It is never too late to make a good impression. Tweak your site as much as you can and make changes to your unpublished articles. Do something every day to improve your article marketing results. You'll be humming happily instead of singing the article submission blues!

? 2008, Davis Virtual Assistance.

I would also recommend that you build an opt in list because mos of your article readers want to know more about a product and what better way to leverage on it other than using an autoresponder to collect their contact information for later correspondence.

All the best. Cheers.
655.jpg

lol when i read the title I was like this guy must be expecting a get rich quick but then on reading your information i have to say that it is will help people out there no getting success with article + people wanting to start article marketing will make them aware.

I was listening to this audio yesterday, link was from this forum and the person said an employee minds works different to business person who sticks around for a long term

Well Article Marketing does work, and it does take time and effort. I would say the best effort you can spend is to create what I would call "RULES OF CONFORMITY" for your article writing/submission efforts.

Every site you submit to, requires the format of your submission or what they will accept, different from the next. By creating a rule set that you can easily draft your content to conform to, the easier it is for you to more rapidly deploy article content that is accepted and not declined from the target site being submitted to.

Why is this bad? The reason here should be obvious. The more sites your article conforms to, the more places you get listed. The more places you get listed, the more you can promote a real popular article that gets out there for promotional purposes while also building out a bunch of back links.

Draft an article without any idea as to what Business Rules you are going to use, your "Rules of Conformity", and you'll quickly see how much time you can waste if you aren't prepared.

Don't be discouraged. You'll be surprised.

I own an Article Distribution service, its being rebuilt on the back end right now. However, I can tell you the randomness with which I would see the pickups on some articles over others...would seem random and without rhyme or reason.

But when they got picked up...wow! The stats on the pickups would be sick. Some would get low numbers, then you'll some articles get picked up and show hundreds or thousands of views.

Which is partly why I said in my post above, to nail down a strategy first for submission across multiple distribution channels. Then stay consistent with your content. Build it...distribute...THEN THEY WILL COME! ;-)

These are some really great tips. Article marketing definitely takes a lot of time before you see a pay off. But when the pay off comes... it is great!

I have found that it takes many articles to really start making sales. I listened to an interview not too long ago with Christopher Knight, the creator of Ezinearticles, and he mentioned that the real success rate of article marketing is between 250 - 1000 articles.

I found this really interesting. There are also some really good tips to be found at the Ezinearticles blog.

I was once an article marketer but I had to create my blog and promote something that I can call mine, I dont know why though but it wasn't a bad idea afterall.

MI
Back