The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Why incentive traffic banned?

P

Pay Leaf

Hi. My startup company is about to launch and want to offer users with motivation payments to drive traffic thru affiliate marketing sites, but finding the industry is very resistant to incentive traffic. Why is incentive traffic banned on so many sites?

I have not found many viable affiliate marketing sites that allow incentive traffic for quality offers.

Amazon bans rewards and loyalty for clicks explicitly.
Peerfly's Compliance Officer would not allow us to do it, and offers only low-quality (virtually SCAM) offers in the pay-for-click model.
Rakuten also generally disallows it.

Does anyone know why so many companies ban incentive traffic? Are there any models out there that are working to deliver high quality incentive traffic offers? It seems like a win-win for consumers and advertisers, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hi. My startup company is about to launch and want to offer users with motivation payments to drive traffic thru affiliate marketing sites, but finding the industry is very resistant to incentive traffic. Why is incentive traffic banned on so many sites?

I have not found many viable affiliate marketing sites that allow incentive traffic for quality offers.

Amazon bans rewards and loyalty for clicks explicitly.
Peerfly's Compliance Officer would not allow us to do it, and offers only low-quality (virtually SCAM) offers in the pay-for-click model.
Rakuten also generally disallows it.

Does anyone know why so many companies ban incentive traffic? Are there any models out there that are working to deliver high quality incentive traffic offers? It seems like a win-win for consumers and advertisers, but maybe I'm wrong.

Because the type of offers you're looking at require customers to buy/do something (often more than once).

If you pay someone to complete a survey, what use is it to the advertiser if the person only completed the survey to receive the incentive you offered?

There are lots of offers to promote with incentive traffic, you just need to find them.

Thanks. A market research friend of mine said they discourage "professional survey takers" so I get that, but why would Amazon or Best Buy care if I offered an incentive points or cash back to users who purchase their products thru my affiliate links?

I agree there are incentive offers but all I've seen is junk, sweepstakes, spam generators, etc. The reputable retail brands both online and brick and mortar expressly discourage incentives, and the aggregators like Rakuten and Peerfly flat out ban it.

Any thoughts you have are appreciated.

The big brands don't allow it. Best answer I have heard is they are trying ro control the sales channel.

MI
Back