The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why cant I get higher in SERPS

southernlady

affiliate
I am based in the UK and have had my website www dot lady2b dot com for 9 years.
My main keywords are Hair Accessories, Fashion Accessories and Fashion Jewellery

In that time I have done:
Keyword analysis, setting up Meta tags and H1 and H2 headings with the relevant keyword
Link building at least 200 a month
Posted on Forums
Posted articles in directories with the relevant keywords
Rebuilt the website in mid January this year

I have far more links than my competitors and better keywords but I am not moving off page 3 for my main keywords.

Any ideas please

always build Niche links with mixture of Dofollow , Nofollow , Higher page rank etc . build links from Forum , blog , Guest blogging , SMM.

Re:

Your keywords seems too generic so you need to hard work on that, as you mentioned you have very old domain so this is beneficial point but have you updated your website content and meta data in this time? if not then I suggest you to update on high priority basis because recently updated panda giving more preference in fresh content & meta data and they gives ranking accordingly.

My main keywords are Hair Accessories, Fashion Accessories and Fashion Jewellery

Tough keywords to rank. As Jackdalson said these keywords are generic so better personalize these keywords.

Eg: Fashion Accessories London

Since your website is 9 years old, you have domain age benefit. So keep doing link building with anchor text as the personalized keywords you are targeting.

Start with Less competitive keywords When you start getting rank , Building Branding then try to focus High Competitive Keywords .

I would try less competitive keywords, longer-tail keywords, specific target market keywords. What kind of backlinks are you getting? Are they quality? I recommend you try to find quality Contextual backlinks, these are among the ones that have the most power. Other than that, diversify, social bookmarking, forum posting, commenting, web 2.0, article submission, Aged domain redirect, High PR backlinks, Try Guest posting.

getting on top ranks is not important because the SERP of the search engines changes by the locations and the profiles signed in, hence no one can say accurately the SERP structure for any keywords !! The real core field for which every webmaster should go for is the conversion ration of the websites!! Hence make sure you maintain your website with the right content and definitely you will have a good business!!

Ranking of keywords depends upon the proper on-page and link popularity. As your website have good age then you only need to do quality on-page and link building. Secondly we dont know how much time you have spent on doing SEO of your website. If you have hard competition keywords then you need good amount of time to get ranking..

banners
Back