The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why Affiliate Dropped from 300K a Month to 182.64

Linda Buquet

affiliate
How do you go from being a $300,000 a month affiliate to a $182 a month affiliate? Paul from UberAffiliate tells you how he did it and explains his huge drop in revenue. Most other super affiliates flash their big checks and tell you what they did to get to that level of earnings, which can be good information to have. However learning from someone else's mistakes can often times be an even better lesson.

It must be very humbling for an affiliate that's made as much as around $500,000 a month to talk about his worst month and outline all the reasons his income crashed, but it offers some good lessons too. Judging from the 52 comments so far, many affiliates were more inspired by this post than they are by the big money, check flashing posts some other super affiliates make.
<strong><a href="http://uberaffiliate.com/affiliate-tips/i-made-18264-profit-last-month/">Made $182.64 Profit Last Month</a></strong>
Yep that?s right kids, and no you didn?t read it wrong. Did the stats for last month and profit came out to $182.64.

When most affiliate bloggers make a post about earnings, it?s to boast about how much they made and/or for link-bait. Hey, I did it myself a couple times and it does it?s job. But what most affiliates don?t post about, are the bad months, and the very bad months. And last month just happened to be my worst month in affiliate marketing, ever. Nobody has the balls to admit when they?re struggling. I?ll admit I probably wouldn?t have the balls to post this if I hadn?t turned it back around and was doing awesome now. If I was still in a slump I?d probably just keep it quiet.

<strong>So instead of telling you how I earned $300k/month and what I did to get there, I?m going to tell you what I did to let myself slip and have a horrible month. Because affiliate marketing really is a roller coaster ride, there?s ups and downs. The real trick I?ve found out is getting off the rollercoaster and onto something more consistent, which is more long term niches and getting on the advertiser side of things. Here?s why I bombed out in November?</strong> <a href="http://uberaffiliate.com/affiliate-tips/i-made-18264-profit-last-month/">More</a>

i had just read that elsewhere. it's great that you put it here too. this has such vital information for all of us in it.

I've been reading Paul for a while - he hasn't been posting a lot lately. He burst onto the scene last year in a big way but it's hard to stay on top. You have to keep on grinding it out.

Affiliate Marketing Roller Coaster

I have been reading Paul's blog for a while too. It is really informative, and he always has really good advice.

I hope the best for him, and I know that he will turn it around. Affiliate marketing can be tough sometimes. Like with anything, you have to stay possible and don't get discouraged. It's definitely worth the ride.

Carmen :)

Excellent reference Linda! It's not the traffic, clicks, readers, sales, or the like...affiliate business boils down to one thing...

Profits.

That has to hurt. I know I've been there, when G stopped liking my sites at times. Hurts when the sales are coming in so good, then bam, gone over night.

UA has always been an inspiration and even during a slump, he still manages to inspire

Lessson: Pay attention to all your campaigns, every day!!

MI
Back