The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Which program do you use for your graphic design?

Caliber

affiliate
I know most answers are going to be Photoshop, but I was wondering if there are any people out there who use a different software. I'm currently a Photoshop user myself as well, but I remember using Fireworks and Corel years ago.

I still think Corel is a good competitor to Photoshop and should be recognized by more people. I doubt Photoshop will lose the throne to a different software, but I'd really like to see some more competition in the graphic design department. I believe there's always room for change, and that it might bring improvements to the table if people used a variety of software.

What are your choices when it comes to graphic design?

I'm a lightweight when it comes to graphics. I'm talking no creative talent at all. So I tend to contract out for this sort of thing. Having said that, on the rare occasion when I'm stuck -- or I have spare time to fool around -- I use TheLogoCreator (Laughingbird Software) or BannerMakerPro or Anime Studio Pro. All are very user friendly for the talentless like myself :)

I don't use Photoshop as much anymore ever since I've discovered Illustrator. If you already know how to use Photoshop, then it's not too hard to learn. However, you might not find it too appealing at first if you've gotten so used to Photoshop like I was at the beginning, it made me a little hesitant, but after I had gotten the hang of it I almost never opened Photoshop anymore. I like it most for the crisp images it's able to produce and the ability to resize everything without losing any resolution since it doesn't utilize pixels, those among many other things, so I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to try out new tools.

I often use Photoshop because it is easy to use and it has many professional features. I have used Gimp but unfortunately there aren't many tutorials for it and I cannot find many features which will make an image better. I have downloaded LiveQuartz for my iMac. It is like Paint. But you cannot create professional images with LiveQuartz neither with Paint.

Gimp is what i am using right now i feel its the best "free" software as i don't think photoshop is worth the money that you pay for it if your like me whos a big amateur at graphics.

I used to use GIMP, but to be honest, Photoshop has a wider range of tools and better programming for the tools that the two have in common. So you're right; naturally it is the superior choice. When I need to touch up stock photos, it's the only program that has the fine-tuning features for the little things that bring a picture to life.

For the actual website graphics, though, I need my building blocks to scale according to the space I have, as I can't always be exact or precise for every graphic when it's brought into a CMS or "what you see is what you get" program. I'll dabble in vector art for this purpose, and the program I use is Illustrator. It's not as feature rich as Photoshop, but it's not a program for photos, it's a program to create graphics. I'm still baffled at people who use Photoshop to create their website graphics when it is much easier to do in Illustrator with better results.

Photoshop is the best make a designing. Photoshop is a program that is so rich, complex and more powerful it's a literally spend most of the waking hours of their life using it and still always learning new tricks and technique.

banners
Back