The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Which is the Best Code Editor?

I prefer to use sublime text editor whenever I use to do coding for my job website. It is simple and very easy to use.

I am personally using Notepad ++ and recommend that to anyone. It have versions for any operating system as far as I know have a syntax for every programming language I know. It's very light in size and works like a charm, as well as saving where you last coded;)

A few things:
Brackets is problematic with the auto complete if you decide to add a <tag>
you end up with <tag></tag>what you wanted to enclose There are cumbersome work-a-rounds that work inconsistently this is a long known issue apparently: Tag completion is too aggressive, and prevents typing certain characters. · Issue #3695 · adobe/brackets I like the auto-complete and don't want to disable it. If you start with the tag is very good as thea tag is automatically closed for you -- you can't forget ...

I had an occasion that I had to use bluegriffon. You can paste spreadsheet content into its WUSIWUG editor and the right HTML is rendered FAST and easy.

Bottom line: there is no one-size-fits-all in editors for me. I use LINUX gedit a lot for general HTML fixes, JS, PHP, CSS, other code as it is simple and fast to use. nano is a fast to use server editor I like. The right tool is what counts IMHO.

banners
Back