The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Which is better, SEO or Google AdWords?

SEO and GoogleAds (search engine ads in general) are directive advertising and both will exhibit high conversion rates. Search results being directive to a search query.
How much money can you spend and what is the profit margin in what you are selling --would matter.

Adwords is more immediate than SEO since you can create advertising campaigns almost instantly and start getting targeted traffic while with SEO you need a lot more time (especially for new websites) to get good rankings and traffic.

Not always true, Google Ads have verification process, you can rank almost IMMEDIATELY with SEO if you have news site or if you have highly ranked social media property, so PPC is not always faster than SEO

Same goes for You Tube, ads go through verification process, but if I am streaming live event it gets traffic IMMEDIATELY

FACTS

That's just simplistic ... reason why;
If 8 google ads cost $1.8 per click and result in one sale: The cost of advertising is $14.40 to acquire what?
  1. a payout of $x?.00
  2. a customer with (some or a known) lifetime value (LV) and related gross profit.
1:8 is REAL good, 1:12 or 1:18 might be more median --depends on the scarcity and value of the offered product.

SEO (successful ranking) has a price in time and aggravation mainly --so what the real sale acquisition cost is is personally variable to the situation.

Adwords is more immediate than SEO

Not neccesarily true
A well-ranked website can have content indexed hourly
This is proven by every major news site in the world
Social media posts can also rank hourly

So site that publishes hourly can rank new content within 1 hour, whereas from what I understand this isn't possible with PPC because ads need to be verified (correct if that's wrong)

Agree that content on new websites can take longer to be indexed, which is because of 2 major factors
  1. The site has not published regular content (can include doesn't have an XML site map, hasn't submitted XML site map) so Google won't crawl the content because doesn't know what content to index and how often to index it
  2. The content is poor, doesn't answer the question, don't follow guidelines and tries to use link building to gain high ranking (when traffic is irrelevant compared to user experience stats, CruX/Analytics reports)

Both are better in terms of popularity, brand awareness and generating business. SEO is the long term process and Google Adwords is the instant process via paid.

When it comes to marketing online, Adwords and SEO are similar aspects in a wide spectrum. It's difficult to gauge their strength because they're so different in comparison; whereas Google primarily focuses on organic search engine placement with its algorithm updates, paid ads often work faster when you want traffic right away but need a slower approach such as SEO (search engine optimization) for sustainable success over time.

Let me give you a prime example:

When you type in your google search bar: complete guide to dropshipping–this is an example of a long-tail keyword. This keyword is different from your usual 'what is' 'when is' or 'who is', it will generate more specific content, and people who search like this are more likely to know what they're looking for. In my experience, revolving your Adwords around specific phrases / long-tail keywords rack up a better conversion, that's why when you actually search that keyword on Google, you'll get 4 ad pop-ups right away. But further down the line, you'll see the top 3 websites that rank for this keyword organically. Let's use the Red Stag article that popped up on the search results as an example. Opening and skimming through their post real quick, you can see that they litter keywords all-around their guide in hopes that SEO will do its trick.

If I were like any normal person searching for something on the internet, I wouldn't even see the Ad word written up on top and click the first thing that pops up on google. But since I'm in the digital marketing / SEO field, I'd know that these people paid for this specific keyword to shortcut their way to the top page of google. An immediate notion pops up in my head; they're not confident about their content and paid their way through. This isn't always the case, but more often than not, it is.

tl;dr:
Adwords = if you have the money to spend, go for it but sustainability is not assured
SEO = a long-term and hard-earned achievement, but the ROI can take too long if you don't know what you're doing

Last edited by a moderator:
Google Adwords is preferred when you are looking for accelerated results. On the other hands, SEO helps in getting organic traffic on your website, also very cost effective.

Google Ads is better for quick, top-of-the-page results and SEO is better for long-term Google ranking. If budget is more of a concern and time is not then SEO is better. If you want to be at the top of the first-page search result like next week then Google Ads is better for you.

Google Adwords gives quick results but SEO is the process that gives you long time result. Both are the best platforms but SEO is better than Google Adwords.

Google Ads are used to get traffic faster and will work till you're paying but SEO is an organic way of getting traffic. It is a long term process but is very effective. So both have their own value. Depends what you choose.

banners
Back