The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Where do you place your buttons on review pages?

Pikachu

affiliate
Hello,

I have a lot of long review pages that focus on one product with two buttons, one above the fold and one at the end of the review.

The button is orange because my theme is blue, so it is an opposite colour!

The button says "Check Price".

But I've seen (analytics and hotjar) that I'm getting almost no clics even with 20-30mn sessions on ONE review.

That's why I would like to know where you place your buttons when you make a review page, and what do you write on it?

Thanks in advance!

How may visits in the sample?

Check [See today's price] may work better
If the sample is less that 200 visits the results may mean little.

The sample is 3 000 visits on review pages, the few clicks I got were on the above the fold button (250). But I'm also wondering if it's a good idea to have an above the fold button, because when someone click on it, it means they didn't have the time to read the review.

Though, the button at the end of the review got only 100 clics.

I think I can do something on button placements but I don't really know what!

Is it a good thing to have one button above the fold and one button at the end of the review?

I've seen many big sites that don't do that to the point that I'm lost (It is my first site)!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to try it!

BTW is 2-3% a good conversion rate?

Thanks!

Try center 2/3 down the first scroll (fold) make sure the alignment is correct for screen size.

a <=> b test this

3,000 is a good(reliable) sample

Depends on what you are selling (very subjective) and SEO/organic or ads(what type).

• Conversion of what? a click out to the product/sponsor/network?
  • Or, conversion as a payout sale event?
  • Very different animals mice/tigers :p
I've tested it for a week, it seems that I'm not very lucky :(

I've got even fewer clicks (not by much though)! 73 clicks out of 1000 visits!

Is it normal to have almost no clicks on product review pages?

My question was about "a conversion about a payout sale event" :)

The thing that I don't understand is that they stay very long on my product review pages, they read almost everything (except the alternatives at the end of the review) but still no clicks Crying Face

They found me by searching for "Xproduct review" so that's good quality traffic I think...

I've found that only my top 5 pages are making me money (2 pages) my review pages (50 pages) are making me close to nothing in terms of amounts (probably because nobody click on any links on product review pages)

Try center 2/3 down the first scroll (fold) make sure the alignment is correct for screen size.

a <=> b test this

3,000 is a good(reliable) sample
BTW is 2-3% a good conversion rate?
Depends on what you are selling (very subjective) and SEO/organic or ads(what type).

• Conversion of what? a click out to the product/sponsor/network?
  • Or, conversion as a payout sale event?
  • Very different animals mice/tigers :p

This is 100% what is happening!

Is there a way to make them click on one of my buttons anyway?

I'm going to try to write "See today's price" on my buttons (as I didn't changed anything that I write on buttons for this 1st test in order to see what make them click) and if it still doesn't work, I will try to add multiple sellers, hoping that they will be curious about seing the price at at least one of them!

It huuuurts having around 50 pages that brings trafic but almost no sales... And having 2 pages that support almost all the website Crying Face

Or maybe I should just stop doing product review and focus only on top 5?

Since it's my first website I don't really know what to do o_O

A coupon is the best possible idea, I think, though, it's not compatible with amazon!

Why is your review credible and what could you do to make the motivation to act stronger?

I think my review is credible because I do have real pictures, stars, I'm speaking about the benefices of the product and not only the specifications of the product, I write very long reviews with a lot of details, I provide alternatives to the product, I'm saying for who the product is and more importantly, for who it is not, etc! I'm also stating in the introduction some "hidden" facts that you can find only if you did some long research, and I also have a "why should you trust me" section!

What I could do to make the motivation to act stronger... That's a very good question, and it's a pretty hard question! They need to think that they are missing something if they don't click... Also, maybe someone that is reading a review already know the price of the product (which is not the case on a top 5) If you read a review about x product, it's probably because you now you can afford it? I'm not 100% sure... But if they already know the price, maybe something like "See other people reviews" and a link to the reviews on amazon?

Commoditization may be a valid tactic --cheaper can of corn --but the quality?
That's okay in my niche, quality is going to be the same since it's a product that I can find on a lot of different sellers!

Maybe, they are looking at multiple reviews, then making a decision --and typing in a direct access --if the decision is a positive one?

I know I do that a lot but I am very skeptical about review websites --but that's me --i know it's mostly insincere hype to make money :p

skeptical about review websites

As are most viewers these days. They do not hold the value they once did when presented through SE results as review sites. Reviews do work very well on a product owners site, but off site the FTC has cast doubts upon the public for review sites because of the abuse of them as we have all seen.

How do you make affiliate money if you don't do product review?

Only "Best X products for Y"?

I am actually trying many things at once, but you're 100% right.

My product review pages are the worst pages of all my website, there is no FTC in my country, but I think it's the same thing everywhere.

But I'll keep trying new things until I can get a decent amount of clicks on my product review pages :affiliatefix:

Maybe an incentive like a 'special limited time discount coupon?'

Why is your review credible and what could you do to make the motivation to act stronger?
I will try to add multiple sellers, hoping that they will be curious about seing the price at at least one of them!
Commoditization may be a valid tactic --cheaper can of corn --but the quality?

The affiliate and publisher portion of our industry does not rely on reviews or review sites. Have you ever heard of a sales page? A sales letter? A landing page or product page? Do you know that 99% of us do not use review sites or reviews as a part of our funnels?

I have customer reviews on my content sites that made their decisions on my sites. Those are real customer reviews using Trustpilot or Google Reviews. Those are real, genuine, valid customer reviews. Customer reviews are the only reviews that have weight. They are from my sites, from my customers, and I convert them for other brands. You are publishing reviews that you create and those are not valid reviews and likely do not conform to the FTC requirements for reviews.

I am actually trying many things at once

Not a good practice, unless you are governing a team that multitasks research and development.

A single person trying to find their footing in this industry needs to stick to one niche, one set of methods and strategies, a small select set of offers and networks, and a couple of traffic sources until they can master them. Then, and only then, are you ready to expand.

Have you mastered angles, hooks, and triggers? Have you mastered creatives, landers, and conversion pages? Have you mastered the art of copy? Have you learned to manage your server? Have you mastered your tracker(s) or intelligence platforms?

GET FOCUSED! You MUST master these things before you try spreading your wings over many landscapes in each day. Everyone has their own absorption rate and learning process, but the average dedicated person starting out in this industry can be functional with these things within 90 days and can master them in six to ten months and be earning steadily and being on a path of continuous scaling.

Follow the path of those that have succeeded before you, that's how it gets done!

AI Octie "review"

Ben Parr has been developing and pushing this hard for a while. I read something on Harvard Business a year ago or more and most recently I think he was invited to the Tech Crunch as a speaker. he is claiming, of course, exceptional results. The thing is, I am not convinced it passes FTC "muster". They have them on their respective radar and stating the obvious; "We Cannot Trust Tech Platforms to Police This Problem"!

ftc & chat bot reviews.png

AI Octie "review"

Hello housewives,

Do you ever feel like you can't find what you're looking for? Well, we have just the solution. Our rubber bands are perfect for organizing and can be used for a variety of things. Can you find them?

Sincerely,

Amazon

I just finished watching a Yahoo! Finance Video where a retired US General admits that AI will be allowed to use deadly force in the near future.

His argument is that there are new threats that will require a more rapid response without the "chain of command" being in the loop.

I don't think that the overpaid idiots running social media can detect and defend against the new AI bot responders.
State players like Russia, China and even the USA can afford to buy or force ISPs and Telecoms to make available the identities that they need to go undetected.

The government cannot even protect its own Capitol in the USA and other governments often cannot prevent coup d'état. So, the chances of governments doing anything 'neutral' in regulating speech in social media are nonexistent. The Chinese are a good example on the abuse and regulation of their Citizens' speech --when it comes to the 'viral dissemination of disinformation'.

You cannot protect people from their own ignorance and prejudices. These are their latent tendencies. You can appeal to the inner Nazi or Racist in too many individuals. They are what they are --and manipulating them is far too easy. Social media is just a echo chamber amplifying negative belief systems.

This 'disinformation' is just the price of freedom. One man's disinformation is another man's absolute truth. Discerning the truth has never been easy. AI bots are just telling their truth. Each one of us must find our own truth --but that does not make it absolute truth by any means.

Apologies for off topic comments. My comment was a 'honest' AI review. Most reviews are biased in some way. Octie liked his rubber bands ;) With the right credentials and identity that might be a legitimate review. Now extrapolate that to state players or political interests manipulating information in social media -- many humans are doomed to become duped zombies by state players and politicians or worse.

social-media-bot-400.jpeg

banners
Back