The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Where do i promote my affiliate links

You might want to read the rules so you will know and understand what you can and can't do.

You aren't allowed to promote your affiliate links in posts. You are allowed to have a signature and you may have up to 3 links in your signature.Those links can be affiliate links. The links may not be for anything that is against our rules. You may not tell people to check your signature.

Participate in our discussions. People will get to know you and they will see your signature. Just be sure not to do any advertising or self promotion in any of your posts.

If you ever have any questions about what you can or can't do, please contact me by private message.

You can set up your signature by using the Control Panel. Here are the signature rules:
Signature Restrictions:
? Maximum length: 5 lines (breaks between lines count as lines)
? Maximum font size permitted is size 2
? No images or cookie requests allowed
? No more than 3 links per signature
? NO GAMBLING, RX, ADULT, ACTIVE X or DISHONEST LINKS in SIGNATURES
? NOTE: Moderators, 5 Star clients and paid forum sponsors may have longer signatures

Affiliate Links

You can promote an affiliate link just about anywhere
But...

Be careful...

Because if you just take a "bare" affiliate link e.g. someprogram.com/?ref=4789
Then everyone else in the world is going to know it is an affiliate link, and therefore they will chop your affiliate code off and just go to someprogram.com
Meaning you will make nothing for your efforts

So
First thing is get your affiliate codes protected so that your affiliate link doesnt not show up anywhere i.e. not in the address bar, not in the status bar - no where

Just a little bit of software or code will sort this for you

Next....
Choose your affiliate programs with care

Are you sure the particular affiliate product you are trying to sell really will sell to the audience you are marketing to? Don't assume anything online

You need to get a match between the advertising vehicle you are going to use, and the product you are going to sell.

Of course you can do this automatically on search engine style pay per click advertising, but this is very expensive because you will need lots of clicks to get a sale - so you probably wont make a positive ROI

Some affiliate products will need close to 300 clicks to generate a single sale - it used to be alot lower e.g. more like 100 or even 50 a few years ago, but things have become more difficult as the affiliate competition has hotted up i.e. every man and his dog promoting the same products

If I were you I would test and track which affiliate programs are actually working for you, and use some free advertising methods especially text ads, where you get free impressions of your ad by displaying other peoples ads on your website
There are a few text ad systems that let you do this - you can also upgrade and pay for impressions

You could also try targeted niche ezines e.g. email newsletters which specialize in whatever your product area is

Generally its best to stick to just a few affiliate programs e.g for me most of my income comes from the same 2 or 3 affiliate programs. So I just find the programs that are paying me a cheque, and them promote them as much as I can

banners
Back