The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

When was the last Google Page Rank update?

blackdata

affiliate
My web site had a PR1 back in the May PR update. Then it went down to 0 in August. It still is PR0 at the moment despite there are a lot more content now and the traffic had more than doubled as well.
I have more than 20 articles of over 1,500 words each.
I am curious when was the last Google PR update
When will the next one come?

The last Google update was issued on 11th June and they said it would take about two months for it to be completely implemented. However, you should also remember that Google updates it's search algorithm much more often, but these updates may be minor so they don't always announce to public, I heard once Matt Cutts saying that they make about 500 updates per year.

It is true, I was just going to say that the algorithms are updated far more frequently than one would think, but they are mostly balancing issues such as the inequality between exact match domains and original ones, which tend to change frequently as their departments gather more data on such subjects. Only extremely important alterations that affect the webmaster community as a whole will likely ever be announced and confirmed so that things do not suddenly fluctuate and then everyone loses their minds ;). The last major update, however, was implemented some time in early May to mid-June of this year, and another previous to this early January. I would not be surprised if another comes our way in November-December.

MI
Back