The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

When to launch a site?

kenpachi

affiliate
How many articles and/or posts should a site have ready to go on launch day?

I was thinking about this the other day and my reasoning is that if you launch with too much content, you might have trouble producing more once the site is up. Why is that a problem? Because search engines like a site that is constantly being updated, but if you give all your content in one go, it will look like you hardly ever update your site. So your rankings could suffer.

On the other hand if you launch with just a tiny bit of content, you might not create a good first impression, resulting in one-time visitors until you can get more content up. On the plus side it is easier to add more content and may be better in the eyes of search engines.

I suggest you launch your site immediately after you have set up your home page. Then add to it as you go along. Don't mention your site is "under construction" just add content every few days and you should get better ranking results over time

Agree with Dave.
i usually launch once i have 5 pages that can stand alone and make sense. Then I gradually add content over time

How many articles and/or posts should a site have ready to go on launch day?

I was thinking about this the other day and my reasoning is that if you launch with too much content, you might have trouble producing more once the site is up. Why is that a problem? Because search engines like a site that is constantly being updated, but if you give all your content in one go, it will look like you hardly ever update your site. So your rankings could suffer.

On the other hand if you launch with just a tiny bit of content, you might not create a good first impression, resulting in one-time visitors until you can get more content up. On the plus side it is easier to add more content and may be better in the eyes of search engines.

I wouldn't be concerned with a lack of content at first. Websites are acceptable as works in progress. Sure, if you open a McDOnalds without the fryer installed, then it may lose customers. But websites put no burden on the return visitor. Just have enough their to catch their eyes, and mention that the site undergoes frequent updates. Goodluck with your launch!

MI
Back