The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

When to give up on an offer?

mavricks

Working with someone who's running a refi offer.

It's a good offer that'd been running for a few years, and there are guys who have made decent money on it. This person has been running the offer for almost 2 months and has made some money back, and then loses it, then gets it back the next day.

So how do you know when to give up on an offer? Do you keep working it until you find that one ad that works?

Working with someone who's running a refi offer.

It's a good offer that'd been running for a few years, and there are guys who have made decent money on it. This person has been running the offer for almost 2 months and has made some money back, and then loses it, then gets it back the next day.

So how do you know when to give up on an offer? Do you keep working it until you find that one ad that works?

So, first of all, what does the person you are working with say about this? You must have asked him/her their thoughts on this.

As for when to stop a campaign, it's simply when you have exhausted all means of profitability. However, that is a very ambiguous statement. I just read a great article from a well known marketer that showed a path to selling IM products that were thought outdated and dead.

Here's the thing, all current offers are able to stabilize as a profitable income stream, but not all marketers can make them work. There is no absolute formula to give you as it isn't the same for all offers. For example, if I tried running a Christmas offer right now, it would be a difficult promotion, however, if I ran a summer promotion right now, I would get action.

Your question is too broad. I can tell you that when starting out with an offer you usually start out split testing everything and discard 70% or 80% of the campaigns in favor of what works. Once you find a set of landers and some traffic sources that convert, you will kill immediately the dead campaigns and scale up the profitable campaigns. If they have peaks and valleys to the ROI, study the demographic responses, the days of week data, and the months that out perform the others. Sometimes, especially in finance and insurance offers, days of week and months of year can have an incredible swing in their performance. Mortgage offers will soar to new highs between February and June because that's when 80% of the housing market is active. Check to see if the data tells you about the peak periods for demographic response and seasonal or monthly responses.

Last edited:
banners
Back