The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

When should I start asking money?

Jsny

affiliate
At the moment I'm giving away link placement on my directory with no reciprocal. I've got about 300 sites listed, when should I start asking money for normal, featured and sponsered listings and how much for a pr0?

Wait for PR update...
Wait till you have PR in category pages...
Wait before you make it strong...
Wait before everybody knows about it.. :D

I actually think you do not need to wait to get PR before you start selling link if you are putting lots of efforts into marketing your directory, you are ready to start selling links.

When is pr updated

How often does google rank sites, and how do I get my category page ranked?
Thanx

Ok, I understand that, but something/one must pay the bills!

I'm afraid that is the disadvantage of a web directory. A web directory must grow and gain a good reputation before people will start to buy. :(

Midlandi experiemented this with a PR3 web directory. He switched off free submissions but then had to enable them again. You have a PR0 directory and there are thousands and thousands of them out there that are offering free submissions. Why would someone pay to get listed in your PR0 web directory, when there are thousands of others that will allow free listings.

Also, one should only setup a web directory if they have some income from a job or another website that will help in cover the costs.

GKD,
I have paid $25 - $40 to get listed in PR0. ( depending on the owner of the PR0 directory) because if its someone you know as a high PR merchant... his site always get high PR in the end, its worth it. (for example Chris Hoffman)
If its someone you do not know... then its not worth it.

I have also has people pay $50 to get a link on this site when it was PR0 . I think its because they know that most of my sites always get to at least PR5 in the end

Thanx to all

Thanx for the advice, so there aint no easy money out there after all? But I'm a positive person, so <a href="http://www.mysearchplace.com/">watch this space></a> and remember the title MY SEARCHPLACE

Oh yeah, and of coarse with all your help.

Thanx for the advice, so there aint no easy money out there after all? But I'm a positive person, so <a href="http://www.mysearchplace.com/">watch this space></a> and remember the title MY SEARCHPLACE

Oh yeah, and of coarse with all your help.

The easy money left the internet a couple of years ago :)

Let us know what you're doing to promote your directory, as temi says if you can convince us that your marketing / promotion is good then we may buy-in now.

banners
Back