The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

When is a refund request acceptable?

bruce bates

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Payday
So this recently happened to me and I want some opinions.

I wanted to list my affiliate program in an affiliate program directory. Most directories are a thing of the past but there are still a few good ones out there that are heavily used.

So I begin the process of listing, I read the rules, my program doesn't actually violate any of the rules.

At the end of the listing process it asks me for a payment. A small amount that I felt was worth it. So I paid the fee.

After payment I am returned to a page that says "we are reviewing your listing and if accepted your program will be added."

There was no notification that I saw anywhere about any "approval process" prior to paying.

As of yet I am still pending that review. If for some reason it is denied approval - do you believe it would be acceptable for me to dispute the charge (it was paid with paypal.) I already know paypal WOULD give me back the money so thats not the question, only if you think it would be acceptable. Should I not request a refund if I am denied?

Also if the status sits in pending to long at what point do you think it acceptable to request a refund?

In my opinion, they should refund your amount themselves but in case they don't, you have every right to file a chargeback. Also, could we know what affiliate directory are you talking about?

So I hadn't yet asked for a refund, but they did in fact refund me - which I suppose is good? Though I had no explainations or anything given.

The site was both a directory listing site and a blog. Apparently not only did they feel the need to refund me, they also removed all comments I had left on their blog posts.

Apparently they didn't like me for some reason... definitely a first of its kind experience for me.

do you believe it would be acceptable for me to dispute the charge (it was paid with paypal.)

YES YES YES. You and I know that full disclosure is a best practice. At the very least, upon a denial it should be an automated refund.

they also removed all comments I had left on their blog posts.

Those directory sites are a thing of the past imo. I had some similar weird experiences with them many years ago. I stopped using them. I got so much more from finding the traffic funnels to reach the same audience.

banners
Back