“Adsterra”/ “AdsKeeper”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

When is a refund request acceptable?

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by bruce bates, Jun 3, 2020.

1. bruce bates

bruce bates Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

So this recently happened to me and I want some opinions.

I wanted to list my affiliate program in an affiliate program directory. Most directories are a thing of the past but there are still a few good ones out there that are heavily used.

So I begin the process of listing, I read the rules, my program doesn't actually violate any of the rules.

At the end of the listing process it asks me for a payment. A small amount that I felt was worth it. So I paid the fee.

After payment I am returned to a page that says "we are reviewing your listing and if accepted your program will be added."

There was no notification that I saw anywhere about any "approval process" prior to paying.

As of yet I am still pending that review. If for some reason it is denied approval - do you believe it would be acceptable for me to dispute the charge (it was paid with paypal.) I already know paypal WOULD give me back the money so thats not the question, only if you think it would be acceptable. Should I not request a refund if I am denied?

Also if the status sits in pending to long at what point do you think it acceptable to request a refund?

2. Voluum
  3. Aditya007

Aditya007 Affiliate affiliate

In my opinion, they should refund your amount themselves but in case they don't, you have every right to file a chargeback. Also, could we know what affiliate directory are you talking about?

bruce bates likes this.
  4. bruce bates

Sorry but no i won't - on an unrelated note i dropped you a private message. :)

5. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

How much? Not much? Send a demand email --in 72 hrs if no refund open a dispute --use the process.

6. bruce bates

It was less than pocket change to me - its a matter of principle.

Thanks I was just looking for validation hoping i wasn't being unreasonable.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Graybeard likes this.
  7. bruce bates

So I hadn't yet asked for a refund, but they did in fact refund me - which I suppose is good? Though I had no explainations or anything given.

The site was both a directory listing site and a blog. Apparently not only did they feel the need to refund me, they also removed all comments I had left on their blog posts.

Apparently they didn't like me for some reason... definitely a first of its kind experience for me.

8. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

Matter closed under media pressure (I suppose). Like you said: it's not the money but the principle ...

bruce bates likes this.
  9. Certified
    T J Tutor

T J Tutor GM Administrator Certified Vendor Dojo Master affiliate

YES YES YES. You and I know that full disclosure is a best practice. At the very least, upon a denial it should be an automated refund.

10. Certified
    T J Tutor

T J Tutor GM Administrator Certified Vendor Dojo Master affiliate

Those directory sites are a thing of the past imo. I had some similar weird experiences with them many years ago. I stopped using them. I got so much more from finding the traffic funnels to reach the same audience.

MI