The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

when engaging a new publisher

Guy Furman

Hey, I wanted to know how you engage a publisher.
are you direct and talk business straight away? or you do small talk before.
from my experience, most of the publishers like to get straight to business
and not to waste time, but I think it's important to build a basic relatioship to see if we can get along.

whats your thoughts?

So, gaining affiliates is a skill. The full scope of which is more that can be posted here.

As for your question
direct and talk business straight away? or you do small talk

These are interwoven. Prospecting requires both learning about your prospect as an individual and as a potential business partner or client/customer.

While most may want to just get approved without much conversation, this can lead to a poor relationship.

If you can find it, Ken Spano has an awesome pdf for recruiting affiliates. The best I have ever read. I have a copy, but I am not supposed to share it. I'll ask if I can give you a copy.

So, gaining affiliates is a skill. The full scope of which is more that can be posted here.

As for your question

These are interwoven. Prospecting requires both learning about your prospect as an individual and as a potential business partner or client/customer.

While most may want to just get approved without much conversation, this can lead to a poor relationship.

If you can find it, Ken Spano has an awesome pdf for recruiting affiliates. The best I have ever read. I have a copy, but I am not supposed to share it. I'll ask if I can give you a copy.

that would be awesome!!
and thank you for your replay

It is important to start working on building a relationship from day one and learn what works best with each individual publisher, having said that in my experience nothing beats a chat in person at trade shows and conferences.

MI
Back