The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What Websites Do You Write For?

tweety23

affiliate
Hello. Since I'm pretty sure that some of you here are online writers, what platforms do you guys use to publish your work? Do you enjoy writing for the site? Would you recommend it?

I am currently writing for two separate sites. I started writing for the Yahoo! Contributor Network back in August of last year. I also just started writing for a new site called Expert Pages last month. Out of these two sites I am more committed to writing for Expert Pages since the pay is a lot better than it is on YCN. However, I still write for YCN occasionally since there are a few perks I hope to receive. If anyone were to ask me, I would recommend both of these sites.

What about you? What sites do you all write for?

Besides writing for my own sites I occasionally write articles for two sites which I am a longtime member of, both owned by friends, and I write forum posts on topics that interest me, like SEO.

I really don't do article marketing otherwise, I don't want links from content farms since Google pushed out the farmer update. I'm still mad that Google gave ehow.com a free pass on that too, they are the biggest content farm out there.

Besides writing for my own sites I occasionally write articles for two sites which I am a longtime member of, both owned by friends, and I write forum posts on topics that interest me, like SEO.

I really don't do article marketing otherwise, I don't want links from content farms since Google pushed out the farmer update. I'm still mad that Google gave ehow.com a free pass on that too, they are the biggest content farm out there.

Yeah, you're right about eHow.com. I don't see how they got a pass from Google either.

I'm actually not really writing through any content sites like that right now. Instead, I'm working on some private contracts. I'm also getting work through sites like SEOClerks and Craigslist, too.

I'm actually not really writing through any content sites like that right now. Instead, I'm working on some private contracts. I'm also getting work through sites like SEOClerks and Craigslist, too.

What do you mean by private contracts? Does this mean you are working for private clients?

I only write for my own site, because that's the way I'll make the most money in the long run. I guess you could also say that I write for a lot of forums too, since I'm active in a lot of communities, and I create content for them.

I only write for my own site, because that's the way I'll make the most money in the long run. I guess you could also say that I write for a lot of forums too, since I'm active in a lot of communities, and I create content for them.

Yeah, writing for your own site is the best way to go, that is if your earning a lot of profit from it.

I generally just write for my own site. I'll do directed ads on my site from PayPerPost or a similar service. Every once in a while, if I'm feeling bored, I'll write for a pay service or do a guest blog post. Not often, though.

I love these types of posts. They give me ideas of new places to write. I am a freelance writer who has 3 active blogs already, but I still enjoy writing for others. In the past I have written for Helium, Writers Network, Ehow, Textbroker and Constant Content. Right now I only write for Blogmutt and my own sites.

Hey, SEOClerks lets you sell articles but is anyone else noticing that the upload feature doesn't work and so you can't upload the zip file they ask for? I tried it earlier today and it shows a little red x next to the upload button and says "IO error".

I guess they don't sell very many articles directly or it wouldn't be broken, or is it just a new glitch?

They're currently having issues.

I have never had any issues with them before when it comes to uploading attachments. Today I went to complete an order, though, and was unable to send any messages with attachments. Except for me, there wasn't a red x....it appeared to be fine, let me upload it, and then would eat the whole message.

I work for private clients as well. I have some recurrent clients from my days on Freelancer and they order batches of articles pretty regularly. I also have a contract with Creative Weblogging although I haven't worked with them in a while.

I work for private clients as well. I have some recurrent clients from my days on Freelancer and they order batches of articles pretty regularly. I also have a contract with Creative Weblogging although I haven't worked with them in a while.

Is working for private clients pretty demanding and stressful?

I've tried freelancer but never got any work
I guess it may have been due to no rating but how am I meant to build it without getting jobs?
Maybe you had to be an early bird to actually get income from there.
Never had any success from paid to write sites.

I know you weren't asking me, but I do the same thing, too, and figured I would answer as well.

It can definitely be demanding and stressful. Working jobs elsewhere can be, too, though. And for all the stress, sometimes there are some positive side effects and bonuses, too.

I know you weren't asking me, but I do the same thing, too, and figured I would answer as well.

It can definitely be demanding and stressful. Working jobs elsewhere can be, too, though. And for all the stress, sometimes there are some positive side effects and bonuses, too.

Yeah, I know I couldn't deal with that at the moment since I have school to worry about and all that. It would be way too stressful for me.

It is demanding, although I wouldn't say stressful. As long as you set the deadlines properly from the start you can easily manage it without any stress. What can be stressful is when you have to deal with a client that wants more than what he is willing to pay for and constantly asks for revisions to the articles. I tend to stay away from those.

It is demanding, although I wouldn't say stressful. As long as you set the deadlines properly from the start you can easily manage it without any stress. What can be stressful is when you have to deal with a client that wants more than what he is willing to pay for and constantly asks for revisions to the articles. I tend to stay away from those.

Yeah, tricky clients could make things pretty stressful. People can be so cheap these days lol.

I'm cleaning up the " master content mill list" and putting the companies I work for on the list. I hope to launch it by the end of next week with proof of payment, which jobs are worth being a main egg or side dish item. I'm building my brand, so I'm working on launching the site so I can list potential private client leads for those who own their own business, list writing sites for those whom want to have a side job while they build their own online portfolio and a possible location where everyone can trade pointers on marketing.

I'm also revving myself up to do actual b2b marketing for my writing business ( I found a private client in my area, whom runs a law firm who is willing to pay $40 an article, with an order of 20 articles a week. With the cheap clients online asking skilled writers to write for " $1.25 per article" and calling it the " best rate", I figured I should expand more than online and build my client base).

I do a little bit of freelance writing. I also write for my own blog and websites. I have written a few ebooks too. I much prefer to write my own products. I'm getting burnt out on freelance writing.

MI
Back