The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What was the largest amount of money you lost?

We never really lost any money in IM world. Every money we spent gave us some lessons which were worth the money we spent. We used to spend a lot on FB ads and many of our campaigns just bombed and didn't generate a single sale lol.

But, We took things positively and learnt from our mistakes we did and started focusing on where we can improve further.

Its all about the attitude you carry. No money is lost If you invested that amount for building your future success :)

But what was your mistake if I may ask? Have you faced a scam or was it only your fault?

I started investing in Stocks when I was 16, made some money and thought more or less that everything I touched turned into gold. Dot com was blooming and I started doing less and less research. Young, naive and getting sloppy is not a good combination. Then when the bubble bursted it took me too long to get out.

So no, no scam...can only blame myself.

I did some IM back then as well, but not as good money as stock market so I never really bothered to follow up. It was Altavista back then and then Yahoo. Managed to rank really well, but it was so easy to rank those years. Not a lot of competition. Stocks I never went back to but started doing IM on the side as a hobby around 2012 again.

IM is fun, don´t really care if I make money to be honest. I treat my investments as I´m paying for an education and maybe some day in the future I can actually live on it.

What did my failures teach me?

Set your goals high and long term, never have any expectations and ALWAYS save up for a rainy day.

Hope for the best but plan for the worst

I started investing in Stocks when I was 16, made some money and thought more or less that everything I touched turned into gold. Dot com was blooming and I started doing less and less research. Young, naive and getting sloppy is not a good combination. Then when the bubble bursted it took me too long to get out.

So no, no scam...can only blame myself.

I did some IM back then as well, but not as good money as stock market so I never really bothered to follow up. It was Altavista back then and then Yahoo. Managed to rank really well, but it was so easy to rank those years. Not a lot of competition. Stocks I never went back to but started doing IM on the side as a hobby around 2012 again.

IM is fun, don´t really care if I make money to be honest. I treat my investments as I´m paying for an education and maybe some day in the future I can actually live on it.

What did my failures teach me?

Set your goals high and long term, never have any expectations and ALWAYS save up for a rainy day.

Hope for the best but plan for the worst

Wow!
Thanks a lot for sharing!
You've started really early and I fully understand this feeling when you think earning money is so easy and you're wondering why it is a problem for so many people. But then you're facing first difficulties. And it turned out that success can be turned into a failure in a second.

It's so great now you feel like your job is your hobby. There's a saying: find the job you love and you won't have to work any day of your life.
Thank you also for conclusions!
Good luck!

154,000$ payment refused by Affiliatewindow because 60 out of 10,973 conversions on the booking.com campaign were delivered by an affiliate who broke the rules and engaged in brand bidding. We will take legal action against them if we don't reach a settlement.

Wow and I thought the amount of money that I lost was pretty big, but then again I'm new to this. I lost around £300-350 but now I feel like a bit of a whiner after seeing that guy lose 31k. It was better for me though, was a great learning experience and I've never made the same mistake since.

Just curious though was it an elaborate scam in which you lost 31k?

Lost $20k from a platform I built to compete with a major cam site. I couldn't reach the critical mass needed to attract models/customers automatically, even with a strong affiliate program. It's the chicken or the egg debate: do you need models or customers first? Models won't sign up because there's no customers to make money from, customers won't sign up because there's no hot models to jack off to. It was tough to pull the plug but had to do it. The best of us pull the plug at the right moment. It would have been easy for me to inject another 20k and still fail. Now I'm using that competitor's whitelabel LOL margins are 8-10% less but no bullshit or payouts to deal with (although all programs skim our conversions, I'm sure this one is no different).

Lost $1000 from bankonboys affiliate program who refuses to pay me for no reason. Nick you're a piece of shit, wish you all the worst. Karma will get to you. He's still making money off of me through my webmaster referrals.

Lost some money with Smashrevenue, read this

This is all money I could afford losing and I'm not losing any sleep over it. I think that's the lesson here. Don't put all of your eggs in the same basket and don't gamble with money you can't afford losing. And set your affiliate payment low to get the minimal payouts out.... Even if it costs $2-$10 to get a check processed or a paxum payment sent for example, do it. Don't wait until you rack up cash and then the network shuts down and leaves with your money.. like Smash Revenue did.

I have plenty more projects working well and more money to invest so the journey never ends :)

Hope this contributes positively to this thread.

Since starting to begin with I got into abit of debt to begin my business venture . Around £4000 . Lessons learnt and back on track

$198997. This was around 2013 when signup/rebills was king. The network didn't pay me because they claimed the bank didn't pay them. Good thing the traffic source was from organic search engines.

banners
Back