The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What tools do you use?

• Thread starter melkior_inactive
  • Start date

What tools are you using to creat graphics?

• Mostly Adobe tools (Photoshop, Illustrator...).

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Corel is my choice.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only use free tools like Gimp.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I do everything in Flash.

• A little bit of everything.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don't do graphics. I have a team for that.

• Total voters
M

melkior_inactive

What tools do you use to create graphic content?
Vote, and also share your reasons with other members.

I use Photoshop , I used from the start and now it`s easy to work with it. I also like Corel but I only do design elements ( shapes of people , cars , houses etc ) using black.

I remember the times when Paint Shop Pro was the best way to go.
The first version I used was 2 or 3 in the early 90s on Windows 3.11.

Corel bought it. Now the version number is 11.
I stopped using it when I first used Photoshop.

Ahh I see. There was a package about the same time called Aldus Pagemaker, I remeber I went on a two week course on how to use pagemaker to layout pages for printing

Yeah. Adobe bought that one.

Actually when I look back there were so many software developers producing different apps. And now, all those apps were bought by software giants.

That is the nature of the beast Melky, if you do not buy them out quicly the will become a Google and bite you in the bum like Microsoft and Yahoo are experiencing now.
MS did actually try to buy Google but the boys will not sell to MS, I don't know if Yahoo tried to buy them too.

I remeber MS bought Hotmail for a few thousand pounds back them so its in your business interest to buy or invest in a promising business in your filed that could one day become a rival

I originally used Macs and it was Aldus Freehand etc. Then I got out of publishing and set back up again. The cost of Apples mac was too much so I went to PC using Corel draw 3. Then I started using photoshop, then frontpage (after using netscape designer) then Dreamweaver/fireworks. I once went to upgrade photoshop, it started playing up, so I dumped it and switched completey to fireworks.

Paint shop pro was ace though I loved it. Nice and simple to use. Then they tried to make it go beyond what most people used it for.

I actually went to PC out of same frustration you had exprience with Mac. Mac delers in London them are futher and far between when you can just find a PC shop withing a few miles, that is why I went to PC and remain on PC till today.

In 1993 we were paying the Bristol Apple centre £20,000 a year service contract to look after a couple of machines and a camera and a linotype :(

The only think that would have changed is the price if they still use Mac, they probably pay twice that now.

Flash MX 2004
Dreamweaver MX 2004
Fireworks MX 2004
Adobe Photoshop

I cant realy be arsed to learn Flash, it's not my thing. Maby i will one day but for now i am happy using Dreamweaver to hand code my Stuff

When it comes to flash, there are so many more simple scripts like Swish for example, which will produce simple flash movies with sound etc at a much more shallow learning curve.

GIMP and Inkscape ... I try to use all Open Source / Free software and not only because I'm cheap...(must admit I'm rubbish at graphic design)

MI
Back