The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What tools do you use?

• Thread starter melkior_inactive
  • Start date

What tools are you using to creat graphics?

• Mostly Adobe tools (Photoshop, Illustrator...).

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Corel is my choice.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only use free tools like Gimp.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I do everything in Flash.

• A little bit of everything.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don't do graphics. I have a team for that.

• Total voters
GIMP and Inkscape ...

Bochgoch,

I pretty much just use Fireworks (just bought by Adobe from Macromedia) for graphics editing as I find it really easy to use but am trying to make a move over to Linux OS (Will most likely be Fedora) and wish to use opensource software like you mentioned above, I've tried GIMP and just plain don't get on with it, can't even tell how to do the real simple stuff, I've heard a couple of good things about Inkscape, do you know how this compares to Fireworks at all? To be fair I don't particularily get on with Photoshop either, this I know is down to me, it wouldn't be as popular as it is if it wasn't.

btw if anyone's interested you can now install fireworks and dreamweaver onto linux using wine, this didn't work a few months ago. (not that you need dreamweaver on Linux, there are some good tools already)

Humous.

Bochgoch,

I pretty much just use Fireworks (just bought by Adobe from Macromedia) for graphics editing as I find it really easy to use but am trying to make a move over to Linux OS (Will most likely be Fedora) and wish to use opensource software like you mentioned above, I've tried GIMP and just plain don't get on with it, can't even tell how to do the real simple stuff, I've heard a couple of good things about Inkscape, do you know how this compares to Fireworks at all? To be fair I don't particularily get on with Photoshop either, this I know is down to me, it wouldn't be as popular as it is if it wasn't.

I've never used Fireworks so can't compare the two although from a list of features Inkscape & Fireworks are both vector image editors so probably worth a go ...

MI
Back