The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What qualities make for a good affiliate?

Certified

Ronald Meador

Certified Vendor
Affiliate Manager
Performa XL Wellness Affiliate Program
I am new to affiliate marketing and as a vendor here I will be looking to ultimately associate with some quality affiliates as I go along.

My question is what are some of the things that I should be looking for to identify hopefully good sales affiliates and also what are some of the telltale signs that I might not realize at first that are actually indicators that I might want to be cautious?

Hello and welcome here .If you are interested in affiliate marketing i will show you my process on how i make it .Firstly you must decide on a niche ,think what you like ,what you want to learn etc ,you need to have an interest in the niche you choose if not you will loose interest .After that start building your platforms : create a blog ,youtube channel ,5 forums in your niche ,quora account ,facebook group ,instagram etc .Then try to create a post everyday in each for example create a youtube video in your niche everyday ,try to create a blog post each week or often if you can .Be active in forums and make 5 posts each day on them and put your signature ,be sure to add value .In quora make 5 to 10 posts each day and from time to time link to your blog ,yt channel ,landing page etc .Now the most important thing its to build an email list ,this will make the diference ,if you are involved in online marketing field almost any guru will tell you that the ingredient to succed its to build an email list ,if you dont build an email list you loose 90% of traffic so you loose a lot of money to the table .I advise you to start a trial with aweber and start building your list right now .Once register you will be able to create a landing page ,to put on your video description ,you can create a optin page to collect leads on your website and also links on forums signature ,quora etc .So start creating content that brings value each day and recommend some affiliate offers from clickbank or jvzoo etc to people and build your email list ,this its the greatest assets you can have .When collect emails offer to people something great like a lead magnet and be sure in your thank you page to have an affiliate offer ,thus making you a chance to make a sale

I am new to affiliate marketing and as a vendor here I will be looking to ultimately associate with some quality affiliates as I go along.

My question is what are some of the things that I should be looking for to identify hopefully good sales affiliates and also what are some of the telltale signs that I might not realize at first that are actually indicators that I might want to be cautious?

The only real way in my opinion is to require approval to your affiliate program. Ask your affiliates how exactly they plan to promote your program, what web properties they have, ask them their experience, what forms of paid advertising they use, what forms of free advertising they use, and similar types of questions.

You have to feel out for yourself if what you are reading in replies sounds legit or if it sounds like someone is trying overhype their skills and abilities. Check their resources, see where alexa ranks them, and otherwise look into whats being said.

There is no sure fire way of guaranteeing quality affiliates. Some people are good at sounding like they know a lot more than they actually do. Some people have all the concepts down but have never once actually applied them. Some are terrible at terminology but are actually great affiliate marketers. So there really is no sure fire way.

What I will say is don't discredit new marketers. In my experience its more about how determined they are to keep trying until they get it right than it is about being a great affiliate with a pre-existing plan.

The only thing I would say to avoid is people who's sole method of marketing is "low level free marketing" - meaning peoples who's ONLY plan of action is "I surf traffic exchanges and I send out emails on safelists"... unless your target market for sales is multi-level marketers.

hopefully this helps a bit.

Hello and welcome here .If you are interested in affiliate marketing i will show you my process on how i make it .Firstly you must decide on a niche ,think what you like ,what you want to learn etc ,you need to have an interest in the niche you choose if not you will loose interest .After that start building your platforms : create a blog ,youtube channel ,5 forums in your niche ,quora account ,facebook group ,instagram etc .Then try to create a post everyday in each for example create a youtube video in your niche everyday ,try to create a blog post each week or often if you can .Be active in forums and make 5 posts each day on them and put your signature ,be sure to add value .In quora make 5 to 10 posts each day and from time to time link to your blog ,yt channel ,landing page etc .Now the most important thing its to build an email list ,this will make the diference ,if you are involved in online marketing field almost any guru will tell you that the ingredient to succed its to build an email list ,if you dont build an email list you loose 90% of traffic so you loose a lot of money to the table .I advise you to start a trial with aweber and start building your list right now .Once register you will be able to create a landing page ,to put on your video description ,you can create a optin page to collect leads on your website and also links on forums signature ,quora etc .So start creating content that brings value each day and recommend some affiliate offers from clickbank or jvzoo etc to people and build your email list ,this its the greatest assets you can have .When collect emails offer to people something great like a lead magnet and be sure in your thank you page to have an affiliate offer ,thus making you a chance to make a sale

Seeing as I have seen this exact same cut and paste message on around 5 different threads, although its not the only reply you leave, I would strongly suggest you don't use copy and paste messages to reply to people. Its very impersonal and unprofessional looking. In this case, it answered absolutely nothing the OP was asking.

The only real way in my opinion is to require approval to your affiliate program. Ask your affiliates how exactly they plan to promote your program, what web properties they have, ask them their experience, what forms of paid advertising they use, what forms of free advertising they use, and similar types of questions.

You have to feel out for yourself if what you are reading in replies sounds legit or if it sounds like someone is trying overhype their skills and abilities. Check their resources, see where alexa ranks them, and otherwise look into whats being said.

There is no sure fire way of guaranteeing quality affiliates. Some people are good at sounding like they know a lot more than they actually do. Some people have all the concepts down but have never once actually applied them. Some are terrible at terminology but are actually great affiliate marketers. So there really is no sure fire way.

What I will say is don't discredit new marketers. In my experience its more about how determined they are to keep trying until they get it right than it is about being a great affiliate with a pre-existing plan.

The only thing I would say to avoid is people who's sole method of marketing is "low level free marketing" - meaning peoples who's ONLY plan of action is "I surf traffic exchanges and I send out emails on safelists"... unless your target market for sales is multi-level marketers.

hopefully this helps a bit.

Bruce, I appreciate your response and I have another question that you might be able to weigh in on. My highest return value to my online business launch is the time spent in the custom manufacturing of my proprietary wellness line. I have come to AffiliateFix with the goal of finding, acquiring or growing a syndicate of affiliates for my lucrative sales offerings. So far it isn't clear to me how to do that in this forum. I would be interested in finding someone who is a veteran in this realm and could manage my efforts to build affiliates in some capacity. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

You can hire the masses, train in classes and keep on their asses. The insurance industry has succeed doing this for ages --finding new agents.
custom manufacturing of my proprietary wellness line
Care to define that better? Are you formulating something special?

My product's HPLC independent lab's analysis
t-1000-cut.jpg

I was, and still intend to, bring my CBD formulation to the marketplace.
It's really a remarkable formulation --the anecdotal evidence using myself as the 'lab rat' is very convincing.
I was skeptical as first but decided to spend about $900 on some sample raw materials and some basic lab equipment (I have a chemistry background). The Pandemic interrupted my research into the production and marketing end.
I kept using the product and I continued to regrow my hair --WTF that was unexpected.
I cut my Lipitor dose by 50% and my total cholesterol level dropped to 132 --my physician freaked out. (180 is normal median). My A1C blood glucose came back at 6.2 --a 20% reduction. Whether is was the CBD or my avoidance of Calcium propanoate (a preservative chemical used in bread)? --what caused the drop is unknown.
The hemp oil carrier of the CBD 'cured' my dandruff when applied topically to my scalp. Not sure if the oil moisturized or the CBD content was a factor --or perhaps both?

Probably get slapped with a C&D from the FDA if I go public with these results (that I can document). However, this is Anecdotal evidence --particular to my own experience.

Last edited:
My highest return value to my online business launch is the time spent in the custom manufacturing of my proprietary wellness line

If you know this is true, the answer in my mind is clear as clear can be. You need to find a CMO. The thing you need to understand when you run an affiliate program, is it IS a product. The affiliate program itself is a product and the affiliates are your customers.

If your time is best spent creating a propietary line, then you should either bring on a CMO who can handle the focus on building your affiliate program or you outsource the task (considerably harder to do.) You could also drop your affiliate program and run the program through an affiliate network that might be geared towards affiliates in your niche.

No matter the option you take, if your passion is in product creation then DO PRODUCT CREATION.

If funding is an issue, I would say look around the forums. Most people will advise even affiliate marketers that they need a few thousand to begin. Outside of that, you can always offer percentages of patent rights, equidy holdings, etc.

But seriously get yourself a CMO to hand this stuff and do what you do best.

If I am misunderstanding and your passion really is marketing - well... you have to learn to market the affiliate program as the product. Buy ads. Make bonuses when you first launch to encourage affiliates to promote (10% bonus for all new affilaites for the first 30 days). Its just a product, you have to market it as such.

You can hire the masses, train in classes and keep on their asses. The insurance industry has succeed doing this for ages --finding new agents.

View attachment 16800
It's really a remarkable formulation --the anecdotal evidence using myself as the 'lab rat' is very convincing.
I was skeptical as first but decided to spend about $900 on some sample raw materials and some basic lab equipment (I have a chemistry background). The Pandemic interrupted my research into the production and marketing end.
I kept using the product and I continued to regrow my hair --WTF that was unexpected.
I cut my Lipitor dose by 50% and my total cholesterol level dropped to 132 --my physician freaked out. (180 is normal median). My A1C blood glucose came back at 6.2 --a 20% reduction. Whether is was the CBD or my avoidance of Calcium propanoate (a preservative chemical used in bread)? --what caused the drop is unknown.
The hemp oil carrier of the CBD 'cured' my dandruff when applied topically to my scalp. Not sure if the oil moisturized or the CBD content was a factor --or perhaps both?

Probably get slapped with a C&D from the FDA if I go public with these results (that I can document). However, this is Anecdotal evidence --particular to my own experience.

View attachment 16800

Graybeard your CBD innovation look like it would be a Godsend for a lot of 'American Diet' morons that are on their way to future health problems.
To further define what I meant about “formulating the wellness line”:

I have the materials on hand for initial product production and live out in the country, so I am safe from any unwanted social contact for now. Our marketplace niche is a proprietary biophysical delivery system for activating wellness products that has led to the development of effective topical products requiring only a dab of applied cream for biological activity. The technique allows the targeting of efficacious benefits without the use of any drugs or herbs in the formula and an organic coconut cream is used as the carrier for the biophysical input. It is actually a revolutionary advancement and readily demonstrated across the span of our unique product offerings. It took several years to develop this and we have eight wellness and personal care product offerings across a range of consumer needs.

Some examples are superior performance and lower price points directly competitive to things like Nugenix and Serovital and a rapid Immune system booster as well as a demonstrated remarkable capability to improve bad eczema. We also have developed a pleasant to use appetite suppressant that works on your native stomach-to-brain feedback loop that becomes readily obvious every time it is used. There is also a profound demonstration on our sales page of aged skin tissue remodeling that is clearly of value. We avoid making direct medical claims to reduce objections and instead ride the considerable current marketing freedoms of the skincare/cosmetic regulations with the benefit that the consumer perceives what it is doing and that it works once they are using it.

The biophysical nature of the technology is not subject to reverse engineering, so we anticipate once the train gets moving we will be able to build this thing. All of these various wellness benefits are accomplished with a simple application of the appropriate product for the needed result, some right away and some over a bit of time. So these are need-to-have products and easy to use.

Okay, so that is all great except that as I was finishing the website and looking for how to get the marketing going, the pandemic came along and put me off-balance. Like for so many it has cut into my available funds to finish my launch and so I have to be very resourceful to get the business going. This category can be very lucrative and so I offer 33% on sales. Once I get the initial sales flow going I will be able to roll over the capital and quickly further ramp up scale. I am at the stage now where I need to find some good affiliates that are keen to get on a long-term opportunity with a cutting edge wellness line. Any affiliate with the right audience could earn well with this and there is a broad diversity of wellness categories in the opportunity.

Also I would be interested in a discussion with someone with the credentials that could manage building the sales force. We are a unique and premium wellness play, so I don’t think becoming diluted in the Amazon forest makes any sense for me. I don’t have the budget to hire a CMO, but I would be willing to provide quite a lucrative performance arrangement with someone that could help make this happen.

We marketed an affiliate program with a matching start-up bonus for new affiliates --earn your first $200 and we will match it (double it) --no time limit. This worked well and we got 6,000 affiliate signups in a couple of years. We also ran an active forum for mentoring with mostly affiliate participation --that was instrumental in the success. It was a costly project that paid off ...

We accepted anyone that had some reasonable web presence and *might* succeed, then took the responsibility to support them in their efforts --if they seemed truly motivated. Company does over $150 Million today ...

Graybeard your CBD innovation look like it would be a Godsend for a lot of 'American Diet' morons that are on their way to future health problems.

Just putting this out there then unsubscribing from this thread. Its not really a good decision to attach others innovations or their potential customers ESPECIALLY on forums where you want others to help you and join you in business and take notice to what you do.

You're choices are your own, but thats my 2 cents. No need to reply as I am unsubscribing - so please don't tag me.

To sell any supplement in the US requires a label like this (EU has their own regulation, by Nation-State Member)

View attachment 16824
Where's Yours?
Where the Lab Analysis to back it (the label claims) up?
Then where is the empirical evidence or legit research to back it up?
Anything in food or taken internally has to be a GRAS substance
GRAS Substances (SCOGS) Database

Topical applications are of looser standards but you need to do the research and have the paperwork to cover yourself from a product liability lawsuit. Getting product liability insurance is a good idea if you can get it.

FD&C Act Chapter III: Prohibited Acts and Penalties
2013 US Code :: Title 21 - Food and Drugs :: Chapter 9 - FEDERAL FOOD, DRUG, AND COSMETIC ACT (§§ 301 - 399f) :: Subchapter III - PROHIBITED ACTS AND PENALTIES (§§ 331 - 337a) :: Section 331 - Prohibited acts
Will you be able to prove compliance to the FDA if investigated?
Where are your manufacturing facilities and will they be in compliance with both state health department and FDA rules?
For example to manufacture my CBD products legally I need to be in compliance with these regs and also pay the state $1450/yr of a hemp processors license.

Also, you may need $100K-$250K in cash operating capital --small issue too ...

Greybeard:
Manufacturing is done in an FDA approved plant. Label is on the jar. Compliance has been extensively examined. No chemicals are added to an Organic Coconut Cream cosmetic base. Yes, cash operating capital is always a concern. I do have an interested party for that, but was hoping I would be able to find some affiliates to work with. Thank you for your input.

To sell any supplement in the US requires a label like this (EU has their own regulation, by Nation-State Member)

Nugenix-label.jpg

Where's Yours?
Where the Lab Analysis to back it (the label claims) up?
Then where is the empirical evidence or legit research to back it up?
Anything in food or taken internally has to be a GRAS substance
GRAS Substances (SCOGS) Database

Topical applications are of looser standards but you need to do the research and have the paperwork to cover yourself from a product liability lawsuit. Getting product liability insurance is a good idea if you can get it.

FD&C Act Chapter III: Prohibited Acts and Penalties
2013 US Code :: Title 21 - Food and Drugs :: Chapter 9 - FEDERAL FOOD, DRUG, AND COSMETIC ACT (§§ 301 - 399f) :: Subchapter III - PROHIBITED ACTS AND PENALTIES (§§ 331 - 337a) :: Section 331 - Prohibited acts
Will you be able to prove compliance to the FDA if investigated?
Where are your manufacturing facilities and will they be in compliance with both state health department and FDA rules?
For example to manufacture my CBD products legally I need to be in compliance with these regs and also pay the state $1450/yr of a hemp processors license.

Also, you may need $100K-$250K in cash operating capital --small issue too ...

Last edited:
banners
Back