The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

What qualities make a great affiliate marketer?

Emily

Affiliate marketing can be tough, some people can be extremely successful, while others find it hard to even get started. Although there's a lot of contributing factors to ones success, what 3 qualities would you say make up a great affiliate marketer?

I'll start off by saying;
- focused
- organised
- motivated

:)

yep, its kinda hard, esp. when starting. I am on the process of gathering all the data I need to get started and it's taking me a while already.. focus- is very hard when you do not know your niche, offer, landers, networks. Motivation - will weaken if your efforts didn't convert. so this whole affiliate marketing thing is very hard for fainthearted.

First step: Be honest and never cheat. Then you need to start testing thing and stick to one that provides the best quality more than profit - if you want to build long term reputation.

It is true that sometimes, we find it so hard to even break even when it comes to the affilate marketing. I however belive that when one has some qualities, then it is always easy to make it rain in any network that you decide to engage. Focus, hard work and commitment are the key three values which when you have, then you will make it in any consition that comes your way. Many people are always impatient and it really works against them always.

I am a very positive person with several things so my first one is always believe in yourself, without having the confidence and trust in yourself it'll be difficult to succeed in marketing. You'll need that confidence to deal with failure along the ride. Focus and not being distracted of course as many people would agree. Last but not least is the ability to deal with fear. Fear can hold someone back from taking massive action and not achieving their goals. Overcoming fear is hard for some and easy for others, but an important quality to many. :)

Affiliate marketing can be tough, some people can be extremely successful, while others find it hard to even get started

Affiliate marketing can be tough, some people can be extremely successful, while others find it hard to even get started. Although there's a lot of contributing factors to ones success, what 3 qualities would you say make up a great affiliate marketer?

- focused
- organised
- motivated

I'd say the biggest one is being knowledgable about the industry. Educate yourself regarding different terms, payment options and models (CPA, CPC, CPI). After that I'd say persistency & consistency are 2 of the most important soft skills to possess.

Just to add...

Not procrastinating... just do it!
Being educated... learn and keep on learning
Don't fear failure... we all fail, and failure is a means to get it right next time

To my mind the main key to be a successful affiliate is to be honest, creative and patient! An of course you need to know the industry you are dealing with!

- focused
- organised
- motivated

Hi Emily! A great affliliate marketer should be:

- Creative but Caculating
- Credible
- Willing to Learn new techniques to grow further in business...:cool:

Of course, these qualities are just based on my own opinion...;)

in order to succeed an affiliate marketer should possess:
1st - analytical skills (it is very important to be able to analyse the market, the audience and etc. and after that, this analyses should be used wisely)
2nd - flexibility (in order to be able to adapt to constantly changing environment; market, business, social environment and etc)
3rd - persistence (in order not to give up when the first failure comes)

Hm, I would say that affiliate marketer should
1) be aware of current trends in particular niches (by countries)
2) have analytical skills
3) be able to think as his/her targeted audience

MI
Back