The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What pains you about e-mail marketing?

emailmarketingnotebook

affiliate
Hello, I am relatively new to this forum and am interested to learn what pains people about e-mail marketing.

Whatever problem you have, what keywords do you use to find a solution in Google and do you find a solution?

Thanks for reading

Daniel Prescott

Hello. I could hazard a guess at what some of the above means, but for a newbie, could you shed some light please?

What is it in particular about these issues that pains you?

bypass anti-spam filter : every week Hotmail and GMAIL add new banned keyword to spam filter for example ( Order Now , Trade Bitcoin , Russian Dating ) we have to test every time our emails keywords to avoid banned keywords

avoid hosting abuse : when you send hug email list you can get flaged by your hosting for abuse if he receive a complaints about your email campaign .

mysql server tunning : email marketing need fast and optimized databases .

avoid ip blacklisting : ip rotation ,today one ip not blacklisted can send 50email/hour for Hotmail 100email/hour yahoo , 60 email/hour Gmail .... if you don't respect this limit your ip ll be blacklisted for a very long time .

The most painful point: that we still have not figured out how to do email right. We designed a touch-centric client in 2000 for our web-pad, and it was … challenging.

So here are some of the pain inducers, without any specific sorting:

• KILL SPAM AT THE SOURCE.
    I cannot believe that spam is still around. Figure that one out, and I will jump on a sofa at Oprah's. Seriously, we need a new mail server concept that needs to be enforceable. No Emails from old send-mail dinosaurs. A tel-co should ban all emails sent from an old server within 3 years or so, and force everybody to abandon that old transport approach.
  • Directories are shoddy.
    Most email solutions are centered around a directory, aka your contacts. We seriously need to think about how to separate those two, so that I can take my old contacts to a new email without the pain. Oh, and notify my old contacts about the change in address. HTTP/301 for Email, yeah! Why not?
  • Slice, Baby Slice.
    I want to be able to slice and dice my email portfolio like I can with other large data sets. Show me all emails from this person or group, with this header, about this topic, on this tag, within a time window around the email, and make it intuitively. Learn how I use the slicer and offer me those matches quickly.
  • On Mobile: Learn to read properly.
    I cannot read email when I am in the car. Why can’t my phone read the emails to me and listen to my commands when sifting through them?
  • Let me make it personal:
    I want to tell my email provider to keep her hands from my email contents on certain emails. I get it, girl gotta eat, but some emails are way to personal to be shared with the big G, M or little y. I want to be able to tell the server to NOT index certain emails. Ever. Or I might have to use a private email server and go by the name of Hillary.
  • Accept international URLs.
    This one is recent: Yahoo does not accept domains that contain umlauts. Seriously. The domain is valid, can be reached and sends emails which are correctly processed by the client. It just does not allow me to replay, because dem äöüs are just a work of the devil. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I am relatively new to this forum and am interested to learn what pains people about e-mail marketing.

Whatever problem you have, what keywords do you use to find a solution in Google and do you find a solution?

Thanks for reading

Daniel Prescott
Well sometimes many people don't open their emails and all your carefully constructed mails are just wasted. In this case I recommended using mailtrack.io to track when someone has opened your email or not. If they have not opened the email, you can keep resending it till they open it. Mailtrack is free.

pixel tracking is email is pretty useless these days
use an image on your server? often they are blocked or cached by Gmail now.

It's very easy to set NDT (do not track) and tracking blocking in browsers today -- in the near future that may be the default.
Google Chrome and Gmail will always have a backdoor for their ads. Typical do 3v1L Are they taking bribes these days :D

MI
Back