The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What next?

Kenny Bergquist

I'm working on building content for my first amazon affiliate network. I've done my SEO research, built a nice looking blog site and have my first article up. What's the next step, while I'm waiting for search engines to index my site?

Congrats on getting started, Kenny!

First of all, you need more than one article. Ten is the usual recommended number, at least last I heard. Consistently add good content and share links to your posts on social networks.

Have you set up an opt-in page to build an email list?

I'm working on building content for my first amazon affiliate network. I've done my SEO research, built a nice looking blog site and have my first article up. What's the next step, while I'm waiting for search engines to index my site?

@azgold is correct, you need a load more articles. I always start with a minimum of 20 posts these days. I increased it from a minimum of ten about a year ago. Because the SE's have booted all the affiliate landers from their rankings, and made high quality content a requisite of being ranked, you have to have an abundance of content to compete with those that are in the same niche as you.

High quality, highly relevant, and frequently updated content is what makes it all work. You cannot let up on the frequency of the new material, not ever. You especially have to go the extra mile these days and write bonus content around holidays and events that are relevant to your site.

Post for each content page at least once a week, preferable twice a week.

If you do not have the skills to provide the content or the time to write it yourself, you will need to hire a good writer to get it done for you.

Thanks TJ and others. I'm looking to implement an email list soon, and myself along with one other are building content for a drone niche site and a few others. However if they start generating revenue, I would like to hire a writer or two.

You cannot wait. The only way to make it big is to drive tons of traffic to your site, while at the same time identify which of the aspects of your website convert the most, things such as headline can affect a lot. Also you need to have an opt in box so that you can collect email address. You don't have a business if you don't have list. Be sure to keep your article up consistently.

Could you explain why? I've seen it mentioned by a lot of people how important an email list is, but if I'm going for natural SEO traffic is it really necessary?
Kenny, it does not matter if you are going for natural SEO traffic or paid traffic, either way you need to build a list. Reason why it is important is because you can engage with your audience through email, introduce good products to them again and again. Without a list, all of your hard work or money will only buy the audience once, because they are going to leave your website anyway. With a list, all of your hard work or money buy the audience for a long time, so long as they choose to remain in your list. can you see the big difference now?

Of course keep adding unique content, optimize your site properly. Add some more products and promote on social media.

MI
Back