The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What makes you join an affiliate program?

Nick Sab

affiliate
Hi there.

I was wondering what makes an affiliate join a program. Is it revenue potential? Is it joining the latest trends? Is is a relationship you have built? What does it or will it take to make you join? Would you or have you ever joied a new program? Are you skeptical at first? What research do you do? What gives you the warm and fuzzies of a program?

Having launched a new program it is interesting to see the reaction and feedback I am receiving from my affiliates. I would love to hear some of your feedback.

Having been an AM and a publisher, offers that convert are what gets people to pick up offers. Sure some people will say they like working with that particular AM or network or they wanted to try something new, but people that are serious marketers just want offers that convert. As an AM, if I offered you a program that looks great up front, but doesn't convert at all.......would you come back to me for more suggestions? Doubtful! I used to make up a list every week of all the top offers in our network. I'd list offer name, preview link, payout, offer description, epc and conversion rate. People LOVED it. IT gave them all the info they needed without the BS stats most networks give. They gained trust in me because I took the numbers straight from the system and 90% of the time it worked out for the publisher. I say 90% because the other 10% of people probably are just bad at what they do.

There are many type of people who want to become and affiliate and want to make money online as they think that affiliate marketing is easiest way to make money. Let we remind "80-20" rule of business and we found that only 20% people generate 80% business of the company and that applies to Affiliate Marketing too.

Now if you are talking about those 20% then there are many factors which they look for:

> Conversion
> Revenue potential
> Unique product and salable online
> Easy, instant and hassle free ordering system
> A quality website which encourage the user to order online
> Affiliate will not join a program about the product / service they don't know. They will try to join those programs which are closer to their existing business model.

It's a lot of things, doesn't matter if you offer the best commission ever, if your site looks rubbish then that can make you have far less affiliates taking part.

Things that are important is:-

- Your support
- Payouts on time everytime
- Good commission that is competitive
- Payouts that are done often and with a number of payout options like checks, paypal, etc.
- If you offer a 2 tier program, that will help promote your program
- Marketing tools like datafeeds, API's, etc will help.
- Etc.

MI
Back