The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What I've learned of hiring Virtual Assistants

moneydrop2021

A. Hiring Virtual Assistants who are paid fixed hourly/monthly rates:

Benefits
1. Someone is there to help you during your working or off-hours. If the have been working with you for a long time, then they work on the tasks with little supervision.
2. There are more likely to be loyal to you as long as you treat them with respect.
3. They are more likely to understand your working and communication styles, so you don't need to explain the same things more than twice.

Drawbacks:
1. There's always a possibility that they can leave you and steal your ideas/customers once they understand your business.
2. Since they feel too secure with fixed weekly or monthly payment, they probably won't learn new things to make the task runs more efficiently.
3. Just like many human beings out there, we try to gain as much money as we can with the least amount of effort. For example, a task that can be done in 10 minutes turn into a 30-minute activity.
4. Here're the excuses that I always hear:
- My internet connection is down.
- I am sick.
- I need to take care of my family member/s.

B. Hiring someone/team per project only:

Benefits:
1. They are less likely to make excuses, especially if you hire them through freelancers sites such as Fiverr or Upwork. Who wants to buy a service from freelancers who have less than 3 out of 5 stars rating.
2. Since they aren't being paid based on how long they work but based on performance, they force themselves to work harder and smarter.
Here's an example: I paid someone hourly to find 60 instructors on a specific niche market. It took her 12 hours, and her hourly rate was $2. In the end, I had to pay her $24. I posted a similar job to find 60 instructors, and a different lady only charged $10 for the same routine.
3. Based on my experience, I've noticed is that many freelancers who frequently charge per project have much higher work quality than fixed hourly/monthly freelancers.

Drawback:
1. They won't be there during your working hours.
2. They can always charge more once they have more clients.
3. Some VAs won't be able to understand your communication/working styles initially, so be ready with a delayed project.

Based on my explanation above, we should combine the best of both worlds. We still need to hire a fixed rate VA, so someone is there to maintain some aspects of the business. But in some cases, it's better to pay someone per project only to get the best result.

Good insights!

I've never hired a VA but have used a few freelancers for various things over the years. The only real problem I had was when someone sounded very knowledgeable but weren't, or they sold themselves as fluent in English (and their profile was in perfect English) but weren't.

At one time, I had a writing team, along with another writer. We had a big job and used several writers we knew (for years) wrote well and were very familiar with the client, format and project needs. We offered a reasonably good flat rate per 500 word article and still got less than great copy from one of the star writers. We had to do some fixing. That one was disappointing but all the rest were fine. So, we didn't experience the same drawbacks from using a team that you did but aside from that one, received great work and most of it ahead of the deadline.

There is always going be good ones among the bad when you're hiring someone you've never used before. The trick is finding them, of course. I think you've made some great points above, very helpful.

i also want to hire a virtual assistant but more to do my job of creating videos ,blog etc .As i have an oofline job i dont have so much time to work online .Can you suggest me where i can get cheap workers and trusted ones

i also want to hire a virtual assistant but more to do my job of creating videos ,blog etc .As i have an oofline job i dont have so much time to work online .Can you suggest me where i can get cheap workers and trusted ones

I've had some great videos done by people on fiverr. Not sure I'd get writing done there, though.

My latest *virtual assistant* is an almost AI machine learning robot ...
upload_2020-3-11_9-4-28.png

upload_2020-3-11_9-5-8.png

about 24 hrs work ;)
And here is "his (haven't named him yet)" conclusion
upload_2020-3-11_9-6-48.png

Many job's/tasks requirements can be replaced with programs and robotics ... These are the 'lowest income' requirement workers.

You can always try upwork.com to find an hourly-paid VA. I use onlinejobs.ph to hire a flat rate VA but it is more hit or miss.

My latest *virtual assistant* is an almost AI machine learning robot ...
View attachment 16024

View attachment 16025
about 24 hrs work ;)
And here is "his (haven't named him yet)" conclusion
View attachment 16026

Many job's/tasks requirements can be replaced with programs and robotics ... These are the 'lowest income' requirement workers.
Wow this is great. Are you a programmer? If some programmers created those AI machine robots, where did you find them?

That's a combination of bash scripting *.sh and Gnumeric an (excel like) charting. I programmed it --part automated and part manual (for now).
Once I perfect the algorithm, prove out the results enough times; then I will fully automate it. The bash program runs on a cron and is a randomized data API.
Still under development --I have been working on this for only a week or so.

Here's the thing -- the program has done about 21,000 operations in a week. How long would it take a person(s) to perform these tasks.

This can be applied to any business concept, analysis or query --the logic is very similar to me.
Analysis and trending is mathematical and logical.
Creativity is something else
Wow. No human beings can do that amount of operations. Do you use python programming language?

Fiverr or Upwork are good places to start. You can filter for what skills you need. But it's important to interview them first and get them to do a trial task, then put them on say a 3 month trial. I had to go through this process a number of times before I got someone who is reliable.

That's a combination of bash scripting *.sh and Gnumeric an (excel like) charting. I programmed it --part automated and part manual (for now).
Once I perfect the algorithm, prove out the results enough times; then I will fully automate it. The bash program runs on a cron and is a randomized data API.
Still under development --I have been working on this for only a week or so.

Here's the thing -- the program has done about 21,000 operations in a week. How long would it take a person(s) to perform these tasks.

This can be applied to any business concept, analysis or query --the logic is very similar to me.
Analysis and trending is mathematical and logical.
Creativity is something else

no Bash Terminal scripting
Code:
#!/bin/bash

I am looking at using python to generate a replica of that heat mapping --it's a mapping of numbers and not mouse movements like hotjar or similar.

MI
Back