The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is your favourite web design tool?

Was the information in this post helpfull ?

• Yes, that helped me a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was pretty helpfull

• I'm not sure

• Not much

• No, it didn't help me at all

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

temi

affiliate
Please indicated you favourite web design tool below, if your favourite is not listed please let me know so that I can include it.

I chose Dreamweaver, since it's the only HTML/CSS editing tool I use. But my favorite web design tool is still my trusty ol' pen and paper. You know, many so-called web-designers have no idea of what DESIGN is all about : thorough investigation, case studies, and, what is most important, ART.

:)

i use Macromedia Dreamweaver for HTML editing

Macromedia Flash / Electric Rain Swift3D for flash / 3D integration in flash content

Macromedia Fireworks / Adobe Photoshop for creating web layouts and web graphics

Corel 11 for illustrations / logos / quality printwork

DzSoft PHP Editor - for php coding / editing / testing

Other softwares for specific work (sound editing / sound mixing work, 3D stuff (3dsmax + brazil))
and of course.. inspiration :D

FiveseveN,
I completely agree with you, a web design should start with pen and paper or if you are adept at using a tool like visio or even word, you should do a layout and plan where the contents go before actually starting to code in dreamweaver or whatever. I had this web design process chart flow I created at University many years back, I will post it one of this day if I find it in the hope that it will help some novice.

Whaooooo Novocaine,
You seem to have all the kits. I am not really a web designer this days but in my web design days I do hand coding using Text Pad and I some time use Homesite. ( I wonder if homesite still exist).

BTW Novocaine I saw you tread on needing PHP web hosting, if you are desperate for quality web space you may be able to barter some of your service for web space. You can choose a web hosting package from here: http://www.velnet.co.uk/uk-web-hosting.html I can't think of what to ask off you in return yet.

This also gives me idea for a new forum where we can trade services ... bingo! I think I will go and create it right now!

well.. the thing is.. i "won" a 1Gb hosting with 30 Gb traffic and a lot of stuff. but i need a .com domain name.. so that is my problem for the moment. a domain name :)

Ummmm,
Domain name ehh? Okay I am feeling generous this evening, I will give you a domain name, what domain name would you like ?

Don't post it on this board send it to me via PM and give me you full details so that I can register it to you

Thanks

Corel Graphics for "quality printing" ?! I should say not !
Well, if you want a full list of the tools I use...
progs.jpg

why not Corel ???? it is a professional software used by firms around the world for prints.
What do you think the newspappers in our country use??.. trust me.. it's a good software :)

Well Im young and new to the actual design side of things so I stick to FP because it seems easy. I have words for microsoft that out of respect for the boards I will not use, but FP is easy for the html beginner. I also have a few sites with Homestead sitebuilder LPX as it saves me TONS of time and can be tweaked quite a bit to make things work the way I want them to. I have dreamweaver but it is WAY over my head when it comes to color and such, this is why I begin design school this fall. You are all advanced compared to my design talents. Im a lot better at marketing as I worked for Wells Fargo Banks online marketing department right out of high school, this is how I decided to get into online biz.

I'll leave you all to the tough stuff. :wink:

FiveseveN computer seem to be "smoking" web design and graphic too and Eric, the tool you use are adequate, we can't all be web designers, we still need talented marketing guys like you to market the services of the likes of FiveseveN , Radu and others, come to think of it we don't seem to have a web programmer in the forum.

Any web programmer out there!!!!

I thought Ovi was a programmer :) . Well, Radu is "sort of" a programmer.
In a related story, "FiveseveN's computer" is called the Mainframe. (just so you know :D )

FiveseveN,
Mainframe looks cool. Ovi is a sort of a programmer but not very experienced yet, his main programming language is Perl, this days PHP MySQL is the most popular web programming language on the internet

Radu, how competent a programmer are you? There are two opportunities available for a very good php mysql programmer, one is a full time paid job and the second as a moderator of web programming for this forum

Thanks

"sort of" a programmer. - good one :))
Well Temi, as i said before i am kind of a beginner in PHP but i have a history with other programming languages (in the 6th,7th,8th grade I was a national programming olympic.. but that was a long time ago (11th grade now). I know the basics of PHP and i learn pretty fast but i have no time now for a job in the area(school starts in a month and.. etc.) . As a moderator i think i could be usefull, i know a few tricks :) although i am NOT an expert, for now i am concentrating my efforts to the design area :)

Hello

I think that in a web business there must be some employer with different skills. If someone knows too much there are too posibilities:
1. He don't know a thing
2. He know too much and can make a big confusion some time.

I am the adept of specialized people....Who know web design...will be better to became an excelent Web Designer, to keep uptodate to any news in this field...the same with the web programmers.

Ovi

I'm using Dreamweaver, but remember, Dreamweaver is not a deign tool :) it is a tool for building internet pages like HTML, PHP, etc... in other words i think that we can say that Dreamweaver is a web page maker :)

How long have you been using DW? Also, did you have any knowledge of HTML prior to instal? And lastly, did you ever use another WYSIWYG editor prior to using DW, and if so what were the simularities?

Thank You in advance.

Paul

I using DreamWaver for about 4 years, but before I have learn HTML, and even use to code Notepad. Anyway, before DreamWaver I have used also Front Page.

Ovi

MI
Back