The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What is your favourite web design tool?

Was the information in this post helpfull ?

• Yes, that helped me a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was pretty helpfull

• I'm not sure

• Not much

• No, it didn't help me at all

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:)

Paul.... learn Dreamweaver.. and stop using other editors, with DW you can do almost anything.. :)

DW MX
Once you use it there's no way back. To get into it from scratch takes a web designer (with only minimal coding knowledge) about 2 hrs to learn enough features to be producing PDG pages with little effort.

What if you have ZERO coding knowledge and do not wish to focus on coding at all? Would DW still be a good tool?

Paul

I've tried DW twice and simple things like moving images/text, seem hard :bang: . I guess I've just been spoiled with the current editor I use, and it's ease.

Not for long though :brow:

Paul

I use DW with dual monitors with WYSIWYG on one screen and HTML on the other screen.

If you don't run to dual monitors, DW allows you to split the screen to achieve the same.

This makes it a prety good way to learn HTML as you see the code change when the WYSIWYG view is changed.

"If you don't run to dual monitors, DW allows you to split the screen to achieve the same."

Yes, I understand that. As stated, I've tried the program twice now.
:bonk:

"This makes it a prety good way to learn HTML as you see the code change when the WYSIWYG view is changed."

If one had no intent or desire to learn HTML, would DW MX still be the very best WYSIWYG?

Yahoo's editor is outstanding. The only problem I'm running into there is, it won't allow me to, "justify" the text. Even when I justify it in word, then copy and paste, it just adjusts to, "left center" :curse:

Oh, what a journey this is indeed.
chased
Paul

If one had no intent to learn HTML, one would continue to produce web pages that were below ones design capability.

No WYSIWYG editor is perfect and never will be. the ability to carry out HTML tweaking is essential otherwise "The tail wags the Dog".

In addition implementation of CSS with all the essential box model hacks for cross browser conformity is WELL beyond any WYSIWYG editor.

"HTML tweaking is essential otherwise "The tail wags the Dog"."

This goes against the grain of everything we've accomplished the past 5 years.

I respectfully disagree. :flipof:

:blue: :blue: :blue:

Been dyin to use that emoticon...

Paul

I use Dreamweaver and the rest of the Macromedia Studio MX tools for any website related work. Usually it's simply for editing as my templates are modified phpnuke but it has helped to give me a much stronger understanding of phpnuke and html that any other means thus far.

"This goes against the grain of everything we've accomplished the past 5 years"

What in particular have we accomplished in the last 5 years that is compromised by learning a 'bit' of HTML knowledg enabling a WYSIWYG generated page to be tweked or fine tuned ??

smeagain,

"What in particular have we accomplished in the last 5 years that is compromised by learning a 'bit' of HTML knowledg enabling a WYSIWYG generated page to be tweked or fine tuned ??"

Look, I see your point. It's obvious I am now limited in my growth, using my current editor for my affiliate sites, then outsourcing the two main sites to the programmer/software dude/dudette. WILL YOU STOP RUBBING IT IN? :bang:

Given that, it's no hill for a climber. And when you're green you grow, but when you're ripe you rot. :wink:

Paul

It's best to insert an image placeholder instead IMO. They seem much more versitile than an actual image.

Ok, now I'm royally confused.

Anyone know, via page properties, how to, "center" the page or have the page, "auto expand"?

Paul

The tutorials that come with DW MX are quite good.
There are also loads of PDF tutorials that you can Download.

Basic Web Page Structure is required tp get into it quickly. But I gather you have that so "Good Luck" and happy designing.

:)

Paul: use the tutorials to learn how to do all the "small" things in DW.. in a short while you will find that DW is your best friend :D

MI
Back