The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is the difference between a landing page & a squeeze page?

Landing pages are the page you want the consumer to land on after clicking your ad. It's typically either a sales page OR in the case of affiliate marketing, the presale page that leads to the advertiser. Typically landing pages are designed to funnel the consumer to the action you want them to take so are devoid of navigation and other links that can take them off the page.

Landing pages are most often association with PPC but any ad you want to optimize could/should go to a landing page. For instance you could have an email campaign that goes to a dedicated landing page.

Squeeze pages are landing pages created specifically to solicit opt-in email addresses from prospective subscribers.

So the goal of a landing page is usually a sale whereas the squeeze page goal is to get the email address.

Does that make it more clear?

Anyone else have anything to add?

You covered it Linda

Like linda was saying is correct. I would also like to add when somebody searches for a product there is a buying cycle, If they are at the beginning of a buying cycle as a consumer they really don't know the best deal for them yet.

As a consumer you are doing your research at the time and really don't know where you want to purchase your product. With a landing page you can presale a customer and let he or she know exactly what you have to offer even if he or she is at the beginning of the buying cycle.

Anybody can search in a term and find a sales page your job is to be different than other people and presale them before they get to a sales page and at the same time capturing there e-mail just incase you don't make up there mind and then you can build a relationship with newsletters promotions for a later date. I hope this helps. mike.

So basically, a squeeze page or also known as an opt in page, is a website that has a sign up box on it where people will enter their information: name and email address for free items, ebook or articles that they want. Where as, a landing page is where consumers are directing to when they click on an ads such as a PPC in google. The landing page then send the consumers off to the main website after letting them see their sales pitch.

I personally drive ALL the traffic to my squeeze page only.

When I have a list, then I promote my own products, and direct the subscribers to the SALES page of my product.

I have used landing pages in the beginning, but had much greater results by just driving traffic to the squeeze page.

banners
Back